[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hired an artist 5 months ago to create a painting for me, we

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: paypal_2014_logo_detail.png (108KB, 1000x986px) Image search: [Google]
paypal_2014_logo_detail.png
108KB, 1000x986px
I hired an artist 5 months ago to create a painting for me, we agreed to have the painting done in February 1st. It's not March 16th, I decided to give him a little break as he said he was feeling sick. That was 3 weeks ago, I have yet to hear back from him. He's made very little progress. I'm tired of waiting and I was even kind enough to give him a month extension on our agreement.

Is now the time to report him to PayPal? I asked him for a refund in the last email and got no response. I'm done dealing with him. Any advice on how to avoid this types of people in the future?
>>
Stop being a cheap ass mother fucker.

Many /ic/ artists could do you amazing stuff
>>
>>2901985
As an artist who does commissions I can say that chances are high he's not even started and has already spent all your money. Ask for a sketch before paying anything and also only commission artists with good reputations/ frequent output of art.
>>
>>2901987
I paid him $4,500. I would very much like that money back.
>>
1. Report him to PayPal ASAP

2. Report this to your bank/credit card.

3. Report him to artist beware.
>>
>>2901991
>4,500

Jesus fucking Christ. Report that fucker ASAP.
>>
>>2901991
>>2901985
You should have reported him a month ago for this amount of money. He clearly ripped you off.
>>
>>2901985
can i please ask what exactly you commissioned from him that was worth 4,500? I really want to know.
>>
>>2902017

I needed assets for a visual novel about me and my sister having a relationship complete with CG H-scenes.
>>
>>2902017
>>2902020
I paid for a 50x30 canvas panting for my parents business an as anniversary gift.
>>
File: 1339011088138.jpg (12KB, 217x186px) Image search: [Google]
1339011088138.jpg
12KB, 217x186px
>>2902020
>I needed assets for a visual novel about me and my sister having a relationship complete with CG H-scenes.
>>
>>2902023
Are paintings really that expensive?
>>
>>2901991
>paid 4,500
>gave him a month extension
>no word back
>there is a possibility that he spent it all and is trying to squeeze out of this situation

My advice anon, report that bitch and for the future look for artists who have a good reputation in doing commission work.
Refer to >>2901989
>>
>>2902040
Have you never been to a traditional art gallery?
>>
>>2902040
A large oil painting like that easily costs thousands, yes.
>>
>>2901985
>>2901989
Another general rule is to only play half or a percentage of the painting if they require pre-payment, but gosh. I hope you get that money back and aren't too jaded to trust another artist in the future. Best wishes, anon.
>>
>>2902048
He lives in Boston, I met him at a art gallery here. He was selling a bunch of his work and I took a business card and met him before he left to go back to Boston. He seemed legit at the time.
>>
>>2901991
>paying before hes not even finished with the drawing
L M A O
>>
Hurry and open a PayPal claim before the window of time for disputes closes
>>
>>2901991

Can we learn exactly what you asked for?

Hell, I'd like to know who this fucker who bails is.
>>
>>2902040

My brother paid about 2 thousand for an 48x36 oil painting of a picture of our late mother. The artist was his friend so I am guessing he gave him a price cut.

Though I guess he made it back with a later 72x48 scenery my father then commissioned.
>>
>>2901991
Yeah, report him.

Also, have a CONTRACT. A professional artist always works with a contract. Deadlines, deposits, payment for milestones, it's all listed in the contract. Including penalties for missing deadlines (or payments).

Never accept radio silence for more than a week from a professional.

Good luck, man. Fight that sucker!
>>
For 4.5k, I'd have that fucker livestream the entire painting on twitch
>>
>>2901985
>>2901991
>http://artists-beware.livejournal.com/
ruin that son of a bitch
>>
>>2902065
See
>>2902023
He's not an internet artist. Someone I met in the wild.
>>
>>2901985
HAHAHHA LmAOOO< IF THIS IS TRUE U GOTA BE THE MOST DUMBEST SHIT ON THE INTERNET LMAAOOOOO GO BAK TO REDDIT FUKIN FAGT, U BROUGHT THIS ON URSELF HAHAHA
>GIVING 4.5K TO SOME NO NAME RANDOM ON THE INTERNET
>EXPECTING NOT TO GET SCAMEMD
L M A O
FUKIN SAFESPACE BABIES HAHA
>>
>>2902138
Are we going to ignore the fact he came to /ic/ which is on 4chan for help?
>>
>>2902138
This autistic shrieking roughly translates to : I am not a professional, I never want to get paid decent money for my work and I think making 150$ per month on patreon is "making it" as an artist.

Don't listen to him OP, but maybe don't pay for the whole painting in advance next time.
>>
>>2901991
>paying THAT MUCH up front
You're a fucking
S U C K E R
U
C
K
E
R
>>
File: Him_screaming.jpg (75KB, 457x355px) Image search: [Google]
Him_screaming.jpg
75KB, 457x355px
>>2901985
SIR
The best way to deal with this is to NOT HIRE ARTISTS WHO TAKE 5 MONTHS.
I work as an artist and I can sometimes get illustrations done the same day, as do many other illustrators.
You're too kind. If this is a traditional painting I could see this taking a month or two months at most, it depends on his style. For a very detailed digital painting I wouldn't go for more than a month.
>>
>>2902124
>http://artists-beware.livejournal.com/
I don't understand how to look at the blacklisted artists on here and its pissing my nosy self off. What the hell.
not op
>>
>>2901987
t.lazy artist trying to rip people off
>>
if you were to pay me 4500 upfront i'd suck your dick for free and have the work done within 7 days max. jesus christ what kind of imbecile did you hire op?? hope you recoup your money.
>>
>>2902150

Obviously you have never worked with oils. Oils can take a long ass time to dry and sometimes you need one layer to be dry before proceeding.
>>
>>2902128

So you're gonna tell me that a dude, in fucking Boston, that you met an art gallery (where he had some of his work on display), doesn't have an internet presence?

Why don't I believe you?
>>
>>2902499
dude thats fukin gay, whats wrong with you
>>
>>2902499

Stop being such a fucking degenerate, you disgusting filthy sack of shit.
>>
>>2901991
Jesus fucking christ, report him already. In the future spread the payment up, have it be half hands down and the rest when it's done, at the very least.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.