[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I just start drawing perspective lines whenever I draw?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4005.jpg (52KB, 519x537px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4005.jpg
52KB, 519x537px
Should I just start drawing perspective lines whenever I draw?

My work is always very poorly proportioned and oddly placed in space. I don't play with perspective very often, but I know I need to get a good understanding of it.

Should I just always draw perspective lines during the sketch? I don't see any reason not to.
>>
do it
>>
>>2901345
do it.
perspective is what separates pros from amateurs.

also, very usefull tool for getting that 3D look and also correct placing of shadows.
>>
>>2901345
Do you mean with objects and environments or with people/animals/whatever?

If you're fucking up people proportions, you need to draw people, and draw them from life, not fucking comic books. Tracing is a great tool to use here, but listen-you never trace something from the get go. Try to draw it from life or your reference photo, then once you're done and you start correcting things, it can really help to simply lay it over your ref picture and see what you really fucked up. It saves a lot of time, but don't trace from the get go or Satan will rot your benis off and the entire world will scorn and shun you.

But you can also draw perspective from life, and it's nice to get out of the basement once in awhile. Just go sit in a shop or on a bench and sketch out the basic perspective of the room or street you're looking at.

Of course you can look at pictures and do the same thing.
>>
>>2901345
start by redrawing that pepe in a 3 point perspective
>>
Remember to have two perceptive points. One ahead and one to the side. I found this makes the image look more real as humans are never perfectly 180 degrees infront of something.
>>
>>2901345
You're asking people this question even though you seem to already have an answer. why?
I don't know

Anyway yes you should if it will help with your accuracy and proportions. Literally every artist who draws with depth in mind will use perspective lines.
>>
>>2901345
If you think you should, you should. Period.
>>
>>2901345
Pro tip for making a perfect perspective grid in seconds:

Use the polygon tool. In its options set it to a star shape give it 99 points and make the angle as sharp as possible. Essentially this will create a star shape but its points are so thin that its basically a perfect 1 point perspective grid. It's fucking amazing. Im on a phone so i i cant really give you a link to a tutorial so just youtube search polygon perspective tool or something
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.