[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone have nightmare disorder? How did you handle it?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Did anyone have nightmare disorder? How did you handle it?

I really can't work or do anything because of it, I feel very tired and there's nothing really that helped me so far. Even when I don't have nightmares, I still have dreams that make my brain tense, they are very realistic and I always wake up tired. Nightmares are even worse than that because they are super tense, to the point I feel mental pain in a dream I am.

What can I do? I don't want to stop drawing because of this shit.
>>
h.r gieger drew his frequent nightmares. thats what made his images so scary. he said that helped him.
>>
>>2900797
I envisioned myself within the future and all the amazing things that happen. Then I get back to drawing to make sure it happens regardless of whatever haunts me at the moment. Pushing through and sometimes exercising helps clear the mind as well as wake me up.
>>
>>2900797
Yeah, had a similar situation as a kid, even though I wasn't really drawing then. Had a bad case of scarlet fever, like almost died, and kind of left me- fucked in the head. Had nightmares daily until I was nearly 8 years old. 2-8.

I guess it made me a little more introverted, but anywho, I guess I just got over it with time. My advise regarding your work, use it as an inspiration I guess. Power through it I guess.
>>
>>2900797

Try mindfulness meditation. I know it affected my dreams personally. I didn't exactly have a problem with nightmares per se but I had reoccuring sleep paralysis sessions that was very draining. If you meditate do it in the morning or in the middle of the day, not before bed time or it can make it worse.
>>
Learn to lucid dream? I can't control everything in my dreams but if it gets too intense I can cancel nightmares and switch the dream which is nice cause when I do have a bad one it's pretty fucked up.

I like to sketch down particularly memorable ones, especially any creatures. What do you see in your nightmares, OP?
>>
>>2900902
>What do you see in your nightmares, OP
Those are random, it's more of a case when a dream starts normally but then goes dark for no reason and it's about me being out of control of what happens there.
>>
>>2900907
I've had a few of those, its a normal dream where you're fucking around then all of a sudden something or someone takes control of the entire mood of the dream and you're left panicking.

Do some reality checks during the day (like checking a clock/reading something, can't read shit in dreams which will let you know whatever happens isn't real even if it's disturbing) and try to tell yourself you can handle whatever your subconscious throws repeatedly as you fall asleep.

I think if you can recognize that you're in a dream you can flip a switch to cancel it or go full lucid to defeat that fear of not having control. Meditation helps with dreaming too like anon said. Hope this helps, having nightmares every time you sleep sounds fucking terrible.
>>
>>2900797

I used to suffer from Sleep paralysis, night terrors and lucid nightmares that would go on and on. Part of what helped me was learning how to lucid dream so I could face off the nightmares and stand up against whatever made me scared, the other part was getting a healthy diet and exercising.

It's been years since my last nightmare, or sleep paralysis.
>>
>>2900797
stop whining. I have to take huge amounts of melatonin to get to sleep each night. It causes me to wake up to a nightmare each morning. This morning I dreamt that my car was on fire while I was strapped into it.

Git gud anyway.
>>
File: 1488308645532.png (732KB, 691x724px) Image search: [Google]
1488308645532.png
732KB, 691x724px
>>2901297
I had night terrors until 16 year old. Scary shit
>>
>>2900797
Ever since I was 8 whenever I would get a bad fever I would get a migraine and suffer from hallucinations.
I would get nightmares about the hallucinations almost every night until I was 15-16 because I was too terrified they would happen again.

It's hard to describe what I would see, I would do something small but it would feel huge.
I described it to my doctor and he called it "Alice in wonderland syndrome"

It hasn't happened to me in a few years but i'm sure i'll be able to handle it better knowing what it is.

TL;DR see a doctor and tell them about it, they may be able to help. It helped me out.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.