/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You can't do imagination drawing without years of training.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (61KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
61KB, 1600x900px
You can't do imagination drawing without years of training.

Why do you shill it if it's impossible to do in the beginning? I can draw from references very good, mostly copying but I can't draw a good face from imagination at all. You can only study imagination drawing, you can't actually draw shit by yourself.
>>
>>2898606
Because it's a god damn lie that beginners echo. You can draw whatever the fuck you want it just might not look as good as you want it to be.
>>
>>2898606
You shouldn't try to learn to draw new things without looking at the object, that is absurd. But don't just copy a thing, analyze it, deconstruct it, find its shapes, and even its function if applicable.
>>
>>2898606
I have no idea what you are even saying. Draw from both imagination and reference. They're not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>2898606
Because you won't be able to draw from imagination after years of training either, unless you have started to apply what you learn from your studies to imagination drawings early on.

Don't be afraid of failure, obviously your drawings from imagination will be total shit in the beginning, but you still have to do them and learn from your mistakes if you ever want to get good at it. Otherwise you'll just end up as another Proko.
>>
>>2898607
What's the point? That works if you want to copy something because you learn something every time but you don't learn anything if you draw shit from imagination.
>>
>>2898676
Oh yeah, what's the fucking point of drawing from imagination? Gee, I fucking wonder. I so wonder, god damn. It couldn't possibly be to draw from imagination or anything.

>learn something every time from copying
>but not from imagination
I don't know if you're just a beginner or what, but you learn something every single mother fucking time you draw no matter what. Even if that means drawing shit. Now you know what to work on, what to do, what to fix in the next iteration, you dumb fuck. Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>2898696
I drew hundreds of heads from imagination and that helped me jack shit, because there wasn't anything that made me do better next time. Drawing from imagination without fundamentals is just repeating your mistakes over and over.
>>
>>2898711
So you didn't see any flaws with the heads you drew? You didn't try to improve them at all? Well there you go.
>>
>>2898728
I knew it's off but I didn't know how to fix that. Because... you know.. you can't learn everything just by looking at it.
>>
>>2898711
>does same thing over and over without thinking
>is surprised when there's no improvement
Jesus dude. Alternate drawing from reference and from imagination. And when you get stuck on a drawing from imagination seek out references to give you the information on how to improve it, and implement those changes.
>>
File: Romans what the fuck.jpg (40KB, 429x631px) Image search: [Google]
Romans what the fuck.jpg
40KB, 429x631px
>>2898882
How do you function in life outside of art?
>>
>>2898978
Better than you for sure.
>>
File: drawing-a-comic-strip-w600.jpg (279KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
drawing-a-comic-strip-w600.jpg
279KB, 600x800px
>>2898676
So you think you can just do only studies for years and then suddenly you'll be good at drawing from imagination? I'm sorry, but that isn't how it works. pic related
>>
>>2899008
No, you have to master fundamentals in order to draw from imagination. There is no point otherwise.
>>
>>2899026
You're not really wrong, but good luck knowing what you need to work on if you never actually test yourself.
>>
lol I can
>>
>>2899035
Not to mention that actually applying the things you learn from studies to imagination drawings is a much better way of internalizing them.
>>
>Why do you shill it if it's impossible to do in the beginning?

Because if you could do it in the beginning nobody would need to fucking practice it.
Does it surprise you that people recommend you practice something that takes years to get good at? We've seen time and time again that artists that avoid practicing imagination drawing fucking suck at it even if they refine their ability to draw from reference.

If you want to learn to draw from imagination you need to draw from imagination. This obviously needs to be supplemented with observation drawing, but it's foolish to think getting good at observation will make you good at imagination.
>>
>>2899107
So then how do the Chinese do it?
>>
>>2898882

You're an idiot. Nobody who says you need to learn to draw from imagination is saying "draw exclusively from imagination and ignore the fundamentals".

Here's what someone with an ounce of intelligence would do: They'd spend an hour or two drawing heads, and if they noticed they all looked shit they'd try to think about why. Is it the nose? The shape? eye placement? Everything? Perhaps try to fix it themselves, and it it still failed, you do the next rational step and consult reference + tutorials/books. You'd figure out what the fuck you were doing wrong, you'd figure out how the fuck to fix it, and then you'd remember what the fuck you learned and keep applying it. You wouldn't just act like a total moron and repeat the same process over and over somehow deluding yourself that some day it'll just magically look different despite you making no effort to address what the hell you're doing wrong.
>>
>>2899026
It's not a
step 1: master fundamentals
step 2: draw from imagination

You work on both things continuously
>>
>>2898606
if all you do is draw from references it's simply running away.
please do draw from imagination from time to time. maybe look at the reference real quick 30 seconds then never look back at it until you're done and try to draw that from imagination alone in under 30 minutes for line art. It's training intuitive observation in under 30 seconds under pressure not 'training wheels and refs/books my pace' forever. I don't discourage reading those art books you religiously devote yourself to but treat them as a gold mine with 1% gold and 97% paper like literally every kind of book out there.

Once you're finished compare your work with the ref and you'll quickly notice your weak points and observe those important details you couldn't notice at first.

pick a good art or life subject
draw it from imagination
compare your work
find YOUR flaws (as opposed to total referenced drawing which shows your flaws in copying not flaws in SELF-BUILT FUNDAMENTALS that you write on your art journal of some sort).

It's self learning. If you're a bad teacher, you can't teach yourself let alone others by just telling people to read all your loomis library.

Next one is stealing secrets. Watch how the chef does it closely and you'll find secret methods and ingredients they hide in plain sight which they will never tell anybody directly but allow those who is willing to steal it. There's plenty of youtube vids, youtube live and streamers out there. Get close, watch close.
Last one is being born and raised as an artist.
>>
>imagination drawing is impossible
>not knowing you're spending 30% of your life in subconscious realm of sleep which lets you simulate a virtual reality with all types of senses included
>whole population fucking does it everyday

If you can't imagine shit and draw jackshit then how do you explain movie directors? Do they have to 'see it actually happen' before they visualize their imagined outcome and actualize their concepts?

Conceptualists are just on a different level.
>can visualize an interesting character in a blink of an eye or when inspired
>can daydream or lucid dream and tap into the subconscious to gather inspiration
>can imagine chain of concepts and chain react to previous concepts when saw something interesting or inspiring
>[spoiler]extra ligament or occipital bun[/spoiler]
>>
>>2899351
>tfw dreams are our own minds creation yet when we're awake, we can't tap into that ability
Why is this power restricted from us? Is the brain trying to stop something greater than we know?
>>
But you can draw from imagination and reference at the same time.
>>
>>2899376
Also there is a third option called projection, which is different from imagination.

This whole lecture is important to those interested in the visualization theme.
https://youtu.be/EU6gSMLsCrg?t=6m13s
>>
>>2899376
>>2899382
What is this black magic?
>>
>>2899386
It's just drawing a generic girl face out of an interesting one, and using the colours and lighting. Simple stuff that any pro can do.
>>
>>2898696
There is no point to anything in life.
You can kill yourself now.
>>
>>2899035
He's trying to dissuade himself from drawing, best we can do is pamper his delusion until he leaves to become a wageslave or fertilizer.
>>
>>2898606
you sound very whiney. imagination drawing is only hard if you let refs become a crutch.
>>
what the fuck is the point of having talent if all you do is follow the loomis technique while you copy a celebrity's head? branch out, dude
>>
File: pavel_sokov.jpg (737KB, 1280x1919px) Image search: [Google]
pavel_sokov.jpg
737KB, 1280x1919px
>>2898606
Because people get insecure when they see well done drawings from reference.
>>
>>2899603
What's the point in having talent at all?

Why were we born with talent?

What is the purpose for it?

Why are there unfortunate people who did not receive as great as a talent as me and suffer?

What is the point and reasoning behind all of this?

Why could I not just simply give away my talent to someone else and let them have a great life while I live in content with my normal abilities?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.