[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to appreciate/ understand art more. Is pic related

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: artchallenge.png (610KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
artchallenge.png
610KB, 1366x768px
I'm trying to appreciate/ understand art more. Is pic related the best method for exposure, or is it just a worthless grind?
>>
>>2897377
If you want to learn about art start with reading something like wikipedia to get a sense of art history. For Western art start around the Renaissance and then move towards the present. As you come across an artist google image them or look on wikiart and get a sense of their body of work and overall style. By the end of it you should be able to see a work you've never seen before and place it in the correct century. You should also have a rough idea of what type of art you like the best.

Guessing the artist name a website does nothing to actually educate you.
>>
>>2897381
noted. thank you.
>>
This is good if you're an art history student and are looking for a nice and easy way to quiz yourself, but it doesn't really fit the goal you're setting. What would be more beneficial to you would be to pick some really good artists, and study each one. There are many ways to do this: Read a biography, visit an art museum and view their works, read up on the style that they formed, their legacy, etc. Again, this website is good as far as sharpening the knowledge you already have, but if you're looking to educate yourself, reading is a good place to start.
>>
>>2897387
>but if you're looking to educate yourself, reading is a good place to start.
gotcha. seems to be the majority opinion. thanks
>>
Museum channels on youtube upload lectures.
>>
>tfw half the images have the artist's signature in it
>>
>>2897377
>yfw you realise all the great art pieces were made before the industrial age and anything after that received attention is garbage/hipster tier
what the fukin hell changed?? why is everything you see in a museum drawn after taht age fuckin shit
>>
>>2897959
what is a camera? there's simply no need for good paintings anymore.
>>
>>2897961
camera doesn't actualy see as a human eye, and it can't capture subjectivity
>>
>>2897969
still completely changed the role of paintings.
and the camera itself may not interpret the things it captures, but how it is handled, what and how someone chooses to capture something, still shows the operators perception. plus, it can be used for more than just still images.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.