[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Want to get better at drawing >One-Stop Beginners'

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: sadness.jpg (100KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
sadness.jpg
100KB, 1024x819px
>Want to get better at drawing
>One-Stop Beginners' Guide!
>"All you need to start is some cheap paper and a pencil. Go through one of these books and then start drawing objects from life frequently."
>Immediately recommends a book that requires way more materials
Off to a great start
>>
What book?
>>
Paper and pencil are all a beginner needs, if I had to add anything it'd probably be a ruler for perspective, but it's not really a requirement either. Or you can switch the pencil out for a pen.

A lot of the shit you're doing early on is going to be garbage anyway, you need the mileage, not fancy tools.
>>
>>2897217
Don't be a traditional cuck, go for a tablet and be done for ever.
>>
File: git_gud.png (2MB, 720x2127px) Image search: [Google]
git_gud.png
2MB, 720x2127px
>>2897217
If you're talking about Drawing on the right side of the brain, skip that one. It's just there because no one bothered to delete it.
Keys to drawing are more practical, to the point and the artist actually knows what's up.
From there, go with Loomis, Drawabox, Proko etc.
Pic related for rough outline, don't take it literally.

As for tools, you should also get a fineliner or a rollerball pen, for practicing line confidence.
Getting a whole roll of cheap paper is a good idea, at least for me the A4 format is way too small.
>>
>>2897217
Are you talking about How to Draw by Scott Robertson? Those materials he recommends are all optional, you don't need them. Just some decent paper and a good pen.

You also shouldn't be starting with that, just get a pencil, download "Keys to Drawing", go through all of it.
>>
>>2897217
I went through that book with only pencil and paper. Don't be an idiot.
>>
>>2897217
wtf is the one stop beginners guide?
>>
>>2897237
these are all excellent books but going about them one by one finishing one after an other is retarded
>>
>>2898051

Agreed. The only prerequisite for any of those books is being able to draw basic 3d shapes like cube/sphere/cone/cyclinder. I'm sure most of those books cover that as well.

Treat them like classes you do simultaneously for the rest of your life. Your material might change but you are still going to be studying perspective/figure drawing/composition/color+light/design even if you make it.

Understanding one part better improves the rest.
>>
>>2898047
Read the sticky
>>
>>2898047
That sticky everyone refers to
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.