[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is going beyond the sketch phase fucking impossible? I think

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: wtf.png (163KB, 496x659px)
wtf.png
163KB, 496x659px
Why is going beyond the sketch phase fucking impossible? I think the inital sketch wasn't terrible.
>>
>>2895747
It looks stylised, it's kinda cool yo
>>
When drawing a character's head what I personally do is taking the sketch (layer A), make a duplicate (layer B), erase everything on layer B except for mouth, nose, eyes, eyebrows. Then, I refine what I'm left with by erasing protruding, unnecessary lines and adding others where needed (to fill gaps for instance). As for the rest, I reference off of the layer below. This is what I do to preserve the satisfactory look of the initial sketch
>>
>>2895747
your mind is selecting the good lines subconsciously but when you do line art you have to fill the gaps in your knowledge.

Also why paper drawings give better drawing results for noobies

You have issues with basic symmetry ( mouth corners for example)

sage
>>
>>2895747
It's because you don't know where the lines are supposed to go.
When you look at the sketch, you brain fills in the details for you and makes it seem nice. When you start to outline, the flaws can't be hidden so it looks like shit.
>>
File: SkipLines.png (275KB, 579x650px) Image search: [Google]
SkipLines.png
275KB, 579x650px
>>2896058
>>2896048
>>2896023
So what you're saying is to skip lines all together, right?
>>
>>2895747
Needs varied line weight.
>>
>>2897169
No, improve your understanding and good linework will come with it.
>>
File: poopopop.gif (628KB, 172x192px) Image search: [Google]
poopopop.gif
628KB, 172x192px
>>2897190
>learn and you'll get better
Why even post a reply if you're going to be captain obvious and not even include an image.
>>
File: s.jpg (124KB, 529x437px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
124KB, 529x437px
>>2897169
Kinda reminds me of the first artwork in our st/ic/ky.

I don't mean to be rude, but I also doubt you're at the stage where you don't know what you should study.
>>
>>2897261
Ouch, you're right, I see the resemblance, I honestly don't know what to do anymore.
>>
>>2897288
Kudos for admitting that.
Get rid of symbol drawing entirely, not just partially. (Keys to drawing, flipped Stravinsky etc.)
Read a book or follow a course (drawabox recommended), take it easy, don't try to reinvent the wheel.
If you're unsure, just ask yourself - what makes da Vinci's work better than mine? (line, shape, form, gesture, visual library, composition, confidence...) And then practice that, one by one.
>>
File: Ok.png (202KB, 568x670px) Image search: [Google]
Ok.png
202KB, 568x670px
>>2897261
>>2897288
I like to think I'm competent and if a bit directionless.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.