[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

discuss http://jmadorran.tumblr.com/ https://www.artstation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1

discuss
http://jmadorran.tumblr.com/

https://www.artstation.com/artist/mccabe86/albums/all
>>
>>2893116
What is there to discuss? He's right. The other artist is plagiarizing.
>>
Just an another reminder that 3d baboons can't be creative.
>>
>>2893116
This bitch should be thankful that somebody spent their time to make a 3D of that awful tumblr-tier-numiyumi-loish-moish-boish-cyarin-cyan-cyanure disney ripoff, faggot did fuck up when he didn't state there is an source for the 3d model when getting paid by third party, bitch is now attention whoring and trying to ruin the guy cause this is what tumblr artists do, they try to sent their army of followers to ruin your reputation.
I swear, when stuff like this happens some of you on social media act, behave and suffer like toddlers throwing tantrums.
>>
>>2893139
>she should be thankful someone copied her design and she got zero credit when it was published
When you're a working artist you'll understand
>>
>>2893139
>he made a mistake
>I respect him
>he's been very forthcoming and apologetic
Wow dumb bitch trying to ruin this man's career what a bitch just like my mommy was when I was a wee lad stupid mommy bitch
>>
>>2893139
dude... no
you are wrong
>>
>>2893139
What crawled up your butt? Artist A's work was plagiarized by Artist B in a very visible commercial job. That rant was very wah, btw.
>>
>>2893139
LOL every time you see a fag like this, you just know the real message is
>i'd love it if someone plagiarized me!
too bad you're not that good yet. maybe someday.
>>
So many people giving (you)s to obvious bait. Just ignore it.
>>
>>2893145
>>2893148
>>2893149
>>2893150
>>2893157
>t. artists who throw tantrums and who's education stopped at high school and have no idea how to act professional.

Artist A does study of artist B and doesn't say its a study, acts as it is his own design.
Artist A gets paid for the study.
Artist B finds out and contacts artist A to reach an agreement to solve the issue, artist A complies to whatever artist B has to say
Artist B decides in his/her stupid tunnel vision mind to smear artist A on all social media in hopes of attention whoring to feel better.

Girl in OP made sure the post is copy pasted on all social media platform, but then again you faggots like to lynch every person for the smallest autistic detail you can think off.
>>
>>2893193
How did she smear him? She didn't say anything negative at all about him, just the truth that he took her design and made money off of it. She didn't even paint it as malicious, she called it a mistake. That's a lot kinder than most artists would have been.

And if your design is used in a major publication without any credit given to you, the artist, then it's a fucked up situation that she has a right to discuss publicly, and to do what little she can to obtain the credit she is due after the fact. This isn't just "attention whoring", it's something that affects income and livelihood.

Anyone who actually makes a living as an artist will understand this.
>>
>>2893278
That poster is a troll. Ignore it.
>>
>>2893278
well you said it good but i see it as a form of victim playing and attention seeking because she mentioned it with names and such on all social media platforms she is present word by word copy paste hence the child mentality throwing tantrums " i want all people to know how me a poor starving artist i got ripped off by a 3D hack", it just comes out as a form of witch hunt, make no mistake, the guy who did the 3D fucked up badly but her making posts with direct links and names of the guy on sites like tumblr and not to mention with a style of art that appeals to mentally challenged people who will execute you for any stupid reason.
My opinion, should've kept it in private, reach an agreement, if guy who did the 3D and got payed didn't want to give royalties and update the info on the 3D art to say its based on her 2D design then go and make a public post to make light on the issue but no names or anything.

Also this guy >>2893287 what is the matter pleb? you are to dumb to give an argument to prove me wrong? hur durr if he doesn't have my opinion is a troll, fucking numale, get the fuck out back to your cuckshed and try to pick up underage girls on facebook with your artiste' fine art degree.

Fuck the bitch and fuck the 3D guy who stole the design and cashed on it, both are the type of people you don't want to be around or deal business with them.
>>
>>2893300
You write like a retard, so I feel pretty vindicated in my opinion.
>>
>>2893300
k, now that i re-read it, i guess you have a point about the naming names part. it's completely pointless to put him on blast all the while saying they've talked and everything's cool now.

>I am a freelance character designer
>Meaning I make my living off creating characters and art
LOL please. looked at her tumblr and she's just a convention/commissions artist. her most expensive commission is $80, so unless she's raking in consistent thousands through cons i doubt this is her living.

I don't understand why an artist skilled enough to make that 3D piece would blatantly copy something like that detail by detail though. he could have at least changed some things until it looked like a different character. tumblr artists tend to go fucking apeshit even if someone uses their work as an avatar somewhere without asking.
>>
>>2893328
>unless she's raking in consistent thousands through cons i doubt this is her living
It's possible she is. Many popular artists make thousands per convention by selling huge numbers of prints and things.
>>
>>2893300
> " i want all people to know how me a poor starving artist i got ripped off by a 3D hack"

But that is factually exactly what happened. Why would you want to protect the person who stole from you? You sound like someone who himself has plagiarized other artists before and is scared this might happen to you. Good, you should feel scared, you should have a rabid tumblr lynch mob after you when you decide to willfully steal someone elses work and make money off of it. The more often this happens and the thieves have their reputation destroyed, the better for all of us because it means less people like you think art theft might be worth it.
>>
>>2893116
Don't "study" my shit for money is a perfectly valid complaint.
>>
>>2893457
>You sound like someone who himself has plagiarized other artists before and is scared this might happen to you
lol i thought this too. anon sounds too personally offended
>>
>>2893328
I mean who's more of an asshole, a person on their personal blog writing a personal post about their personal work being used without their permission or some random on 4chan who thinks $80 is nothing in this current economy.

Makes you think.
>>
>>2893116
She should be happy someone bothered to copy her horrible, generic "art". Why are women so obsessed with this dreadful style?
>>
>>2893520
because Loish
>>
>>2893520
>I don't like what you create, so you should be happy someone decided to steal it

What kind of retarded logic is this?
>>
It's plagiarism
S A G E
A
G
E
>>
>>2893533
She's a terrible artist, both in terms of skill and style, so she should be happy that anyone bothered to give her attention.
How is this hard to comprehend?
>>
>>2893116
It's not that she's wrong when you just look at the facts, but that post painting herself as a turbo victim is unwarranted. She should be a lot more humble, specially when she doesn't have the status and recognition to back up her bitching.
>>
>>2893116
am i the only one that likes the 3d version better?
>>
Nothing to discuss. This shit happens all the time and if you think it will ever stop you're fooling yourselves.
>>
>>2893116

i sure hope this never happens to me...

(being busted that is, HAHAHAHAHA)
>>
Strange how anons are OK with theft in this thread. Is it to protect the thief or is there such an irrational hatred for stylized art on this board they's justify anything if it happen to quoteunquote tumblrinas?

>>2893550
>be humble about being plagiarized

Is
>>
>>2893591
Why do you cunts have such a hard-on for shitty tumblr artists anyway?
>>
>>2893592
board "culture", shallow political outlook, blind tribalism, underage?
>>
>>2893594
Yeah, but when did tumblr become part of /ic/ culture?
>>
>>2893457
>>2893472
>>2893486

No plagiarize here, I'm not dumb enough for that and am good creatively to not have to rely on stealing some idiot's OC to make bank but you are wrong on the aftermath of this fiasco.
>The more often this happens and the thieves have their reputation destroyed, the better for all of us because it means less people like you think art theft might be worth it.
Were did i say i am ok with art theft? do you even know how to read, if yes then re-read everything i wrote again because the point flew right besides you, are you a girl? can you comprehend logic and senteces or do you live in fairyland up there?
Offended because this was not handled in a professional way and despite being "her personal blog" we are debating that issue here.
The bitch in the OP comes out as a blabber mouth, guy rips off a tumblr grill, whore finds out, talks with 3D pleb, the guy says yes to whatsoever agreement they have in private, bitch still goes online and tells everyone what the dude did.
Guy was caught with his hands in the bag, he feared for his reputation and started to reach out to this grill he stole from in exchange for the thing to not make it public, grill thinks herself as a vip in art and thinks its up to her to reprove the guy either way.
He is a thief, he deserves to pay for it but the bitch handled it poorly and ended up with the guy agreeing to whatever the bitch wanted in private and also got publicly exposed which is something he didn't want from the beginning.
If you steal and get caught you want less as possible people to know you did and you will agree to whatever they want in exchange for the secret but the next day you find out the blabber mouth still spilled the beans and you got jewed.
>>
>>2893300
She wants to make a point that she won't be this nice next time, I think she will go to the law if this happens again. It is a warning.
>>
>>2893592
Are you Danny Mac or what? Jesus, it doesn't matter if the art is terrible, it shouldn't be stolen and profited off of. He obviously thought it was good enough to steal, and it's easier not to get caught if he chooses a no-name.

>>2893596
He could've not stolen it in the first place, then he wouldn't have to worry about blabber-mouths.
>>
>>2893601
Have you looked at his site, you complete retard? All he does is make 3D models of copyrighted characters. He probably didn't even consider that he was "stealing" it. He even shows the reference in his process video.
>>
>>2893116
call lawyers and go forth with suing the offending parts.
If this happens in Brazil, you will see justice and results in... less than 12 years of waiting.
>>
>>2893605

Small causes takes months, bro.
>>
>>2893536
She didn't get attention. That's the whole point. Someone stole her design and passed it off as their own. I should steal your car, and you should be grateful because you're a pissant with poor taste in cars.
>>
>>2893536
How is stealing something from you desirable attention you fucking mongoloid? Her skill level and whether or not you like her art has nothing whatsoever to do with any of it.
>>
>>2893604
Yes, I saw that. I don't know how he thought they'd be okay to sell.
>>
>>2893596
Mommy issues
>>
>>2893595
No I mean, my hard-on for tumblr is only perceived that way by the tribal idiots on this board.
>>
>>2893139

t. tracer
>>
>>2893610
He didn't steal it, you retard. He made a 3D version of it, like the countless other copyrighted characters that he's done. His only mistake was giving permission to have it published in a magazine without contacting the original artist, which was most likely just an oversight.
>>
>>2893735
>political outlook, blind tribalism, underage?
Ah, you were projecting.
>>
>>2893133
The point of copying someone's art in 3D is to challenge yourself to recreate it. It's the most common training exercise there is
>>
>>2893596
>>2893604
>>2893816
Go fix things up with your mom and stop stealing from girls, Danny.
calm your shit, Danny.
>>
>>2893818
sure sweetheart
>>
>>2893850
>sweetart
Ah yes. Sweetheart. Honey. Dear. The textbook response by a frustrated woman online who wants to appear nonchalant.
>>
>>2893871
It's not meant to be nonchalant, it's meant to be condescending. Pretty sure both genders use it online too.
>>
>>2893874
No, just cunts. You forget your smiley face, though. :^)
>>
>>2893816
>which was most likely just an oversight.
Sure thing Dan.
>>
>>2893816
Whatever, Dan, enjoy that lawsuit.
>>
>>2893947
>>2893953
See you in court, Dan.
>>
I agree with her, I'd be pissed if someone used my design and got money for it, without my permission.

Beautiful 3D work by the way.
>>
>>2893876
>when they're not even replying to you anymore

You're still a thief Dan. :^)
>>
>>2894012
Wanna fuck, Dan? ^_^
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.