[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you know any good Discord servers for artists? I'd like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

Do you know any good Discord servers for artists? I'd like to join a community and get motivated.
>>
>>2890014
The good ones are all private and intentionally exclusive to keep out beginners and ensure the server is small and more of a community
>>
>>2890020
How do I find them then
>>
>>2890029
post merc_wip itt

alternatively post your work
>>
>>2890029
You get good and they find you. Or you have connections to someone in one of those groups. If you are already good you can try starting your own one too and slowly invite people in.
>>
I just want something, I feel lonely these days and there isn't anything that makes me want to do work. Finding a community would fix to some degree.
>>
>>2890059
LAS is a community meant to motivate, and I think they have a Discord,but the community kind of went to shit.
>>
>>2890059
I'm here for you anon, that is if you draw anime.
>>
>>2890152
LAS is shit, bunch of random shit with no real feeling or sense of people working together. Just throwing whatever shitty doodle you do into it.
>>
>>2890152
>>2890196
Don't listen to the shitposters. There's at least one professional among the lassies and it has a discord channel. Good place to start.
>>
>>2890042
>tfw was connected to someone on the inside and they invited me in
>tfw quit of embarrassment because I realized nobody liked my furry calarts napkin doodles
>the guy who invited me left on his own because he didn't draw much and the other guy I knew I never got his discord contact info

Beees if you're reading this it's Rad from those flockdraws I swear I've gotten more gud since then
>>
Is discord like slack or IRC where all the convos are archived? or is it like a chatroom where you have to be logged in to view all past messages?

I've never used this shit before but it looks cool
>>
>>2890216
It's been ages since I used slack, but I think it's almost identical. Messages are logged so you can scroll back and see what was posted when you weren't there. Thankfully they finally added a search function too which was absent for an annoyingly long time. There's different channels for different topics, there's also voice channels and private messaging.
>>
>>2890213
Who invited you?
>>
File: crow.png (177KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
crow.png
177KB, 600x600px
>>2890332
thronebutt anon, he drew pic related
>>
>>2890158
Post your discord id, i need More anime artists
>>
bumping for discord groups.
I used to be in an art/writing skype group that had weekly prompts and assignments made by the leaders, but it lasted about 2 weeks before devolving into meme chat
>>
https://discord.gg/Ymsetub

This is a design/fundamentals server I found, kinda dead because faggots don't want to post and admit they're bad, admin and a couple others are really good about critique and guiding tho, so in the end it's p worth
>>
Maybe we could start one up anons..
>>
I would make one, but I only would accept people who are for the full 16 hours a day Feng Zhu hardcore style. Go through all Scott Robertson's book, Dynamic Sketching by Peter Han and then hardcore into design fundamentals and digital painting skillz.

Elitist as fuck.
>>
>>2890828
Do it then, I have plenty of time
>>
>>2890828
Never works out, I'm willing to bet that you don't follow this schedule yourself
>>
Can you recommend any forums that are not dead?
>>
>>2890828
Someone made a discord for that and it died within a month.
>>
>>2890152
>>2890196
>>2890206
LAS discord is the best /ic/ one at the moment just for the art and crit channel. Guaranteed feedback and you have actual skilled people like
https://www.artstation.com/artist/thorsten
posting feedback and advice, or Naf doing redlines.
>>
>>2891294
How can you join it?
>>
>>2891323
>>2889919
>You can also hang out with the community on the official discord:
>https://discord.gg/atc5REB

Always a permanent link in the OP posts for the LAS threads.
>>
>>2891323
By reading the whole sticky
>>
>>2890014
Yeah there's this really secretive one called '/ic/ - Artwork/Critique'. I heard it's good.
>>
>>2891330
You heard wrong. Unless you want to be bombarded with constant shitposting, I'd avoid it if I were you
>>
>>2890014
do you guys think this was painted alla-prima, or did he layer/glaze?
>>
>>2891681
alla prima for sure
>>
>>2890059
I'm part of a very active /co/-/ic/ hybrid chat that's been going on for a couple of years, if that interests you. We're not constantly working and there's a lot of unrelated discussion since we're a friendly bunch, but we have people with various areas of interests (mainly writers, artists, coders) who post work regularly and provide solid, in depth critique.

We're careful not to add shitposters/shitters who have no plans to improve but if you're interested you can post your contact and work.
>>
>>2892397
webcomic land?
>>
>>2890438
chief hotwheels#0783
>>
>>2893581
Well I am part of that one but I was thinking of VisDev, we're not webcomic-focused.
>>
File: 02.jpg (286KB, 1000x786px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
286KB, 1000x786px
>>2893603
may I check it out?
SidneyAnders#3132
>>
>>2893739
sent you an invite, I'll give you the link to the discord
>>
File: sdfasfsaf.png (269KB, 1049x937px) Image search: [Google]
sdfasfsaf.png
269KB, 1049x937px
>>2892397
>>2893603
Oh! Oh! I love visdev!
Can I join?
NKMecha#1915
>>
File: snipsnip.png (422KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
snipsnip.png
422KB, 650x650px
>>2893603
>>2892397
this sounds pretty cool.
would you people accept an absolute beginner?
capped because sai won't let me save the canvas.
gwogly#0635
>>
>>2895738
sent you a contact request, can't send you a message until you accept it apparently.
>>
File: cropped dag.png (254KB, 592x866px) Image search: [Google]
cropped dag.png
254KB, 592x866px
Can i join this super sekret club too?
I am quite rusty (not that io was particularily good to begin with) but would like to get into the drawing routine again.
djpsyc#2479
>>
I don't know how this discord thing works but want to join a commuity anyway
What do
>>
>>2890014
I need something to read while at work~ The community I'm in right now only has 2-3 people that are around my level

NoZoboro#7091 dm me if you're willing to support my mild autism
>>
>>2897472
you can start by going to discord.com
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.