[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After many sleepless nights, i've come to the realization..

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

After many sleepless nights, i've come to the realization.. That this site is utter garbage.
If you stay, or adopt the /ic/ mentality I can assure you, you're not gonna make it.
I myself am leaving, hopefully for good, and i wish some of you others will as well.
godspeed, big fat uggo signing out.
>>
See you tomorrow ;)
>>
aaaaaaand another one bites the dust
>>
For the love of god, shut up ABD fuck off already
>>
>>2887754
ngmi
>>
>>2887754
You weakling. Letting ppl on the internet to change your mentality. Good riddance
>>
>>2887766
You've changed Rick. We used to be such good friends. /ic/ changed you man, I miss the old Rick, the one who always had fun drawing, the Rick that encouraged me to work hard and to achieve my biggest dreams. This new angry Rick, the always complaining Rick, you're a changed man. What would mother think if she was still alive? You think she'd be proud?
Get a grip Rick. You're slipping further and further away from reality. Miss you, hope you come back to your senses one day.
>>
>>2887779
fuck you Garry. Noone likes you. Noone ever did.
>>
>>2887780
Twisted by the dark side, young Rick has become. The boy I trained, gone he is . . . Consumed by /ic/.
>>
File: 1418320507720.png (2MB, 1149x910px) Image search: [Google]
1418320507720.png
2MB, 1149x910px
/ic/ is good for everything BUT criticism
>>
>>2887757

yuppp
>>
>>2887754
Choob.
>>
>>2887754
Why is someone on this board always saying, "You're not gonna make it"?
>>
>>2887935
Because you're not gonna make it.
>>
>>2887754
>if you stay, or adopt the /ic mentality
Elaborate
>>
>>2887937
I already haven't made it.
>>
>If you stay, or adopt the /ic/ mentality I can assure you, you're not gonna make it.
>parroting "not gonna make it"

I guess it's already too late for you, OP. The difference between yourself and those of us who aren't fucking retarded is that those of us who aren't fucking retarded come here for a laugh or some resources, rather than drinking the kool-aid.

See you tomorrow.
>>
>>2887945
>tfw not sure if drank the kool aid
Is it over?
>>
/ic really isn't that serious. The critiques are a joke for the most part. I wouldn't make it out to be so deep.
>>
>>2887950
>tfw I didn't know there was even koolaid to drink
>>
>>2887754
You do realize that /ic/ is ironic and we're not a bunch of pseuds, right?
>>
>>2888449
Big poop
>>
>>2888449
Just like /pol/ is ironic except when it's not.
>>
File: da452.jpg (1MB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
da452.jpg
1MB, 2000x3000px
>>2888453
With /pol/ it's vice versa
When you open it for the first time you think it's ironic, but after a month you see that it's not
>>
>>2887950
Are you taking every piece of criticism you get as gospel?

If yes, you've drank the kool-aid.
>>
>>2888504
But /ic/ is never wrong
>>
File: 1488301817785.jpg (23KB, 337x372px) Image search: [Google]
1488301817785.jpg
23KB, 337x372px
>>2888472
>That pic
At last I truly see.
>>
File: 1472143914187.png (1MB, 1699x1638px) Image search: [Google]
1472143914187.png
1MB, 1699x1638px
>>2888453
You asked for it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqv3rkwDSvU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlDDwkW6N2Y
>>
>>2887901
Find a better art critique website on the internet. I'm completely serious.
>>
>>2888532
Yeah as a beginner this site has helped me a shit ton, i have no idea where else i could get good criticism this fast
>>
>>2888832
I wonder if I have ever given you criticism.
>>
>>2887754
Glad to hear that OP! Everyone should know this place is only good for keks.

>>2887901
>steven Universe pic
>/ic/ is good

so glad to see you don't have a chance in this field.
>>
File: 1485856090090.jpg (87KB, 924x1158px) Image search: [Google]
1485856090090.jpg
87KB, 924x1158px
>>2887754

Here's the thing anon, now matter how good you become, or how terrible you are...you're here forever.

Get comfty.
>>
>>2887754
Whats the name of that pokemon?
>>
>>2891305
Nagamakeet
>>
>>2887754
/ic/ is a shithole because 90% of the posters are pessimists who don't actually draw and scare off newcomers who are trying to learn. Meanwhile you have passable, confident artists who come in and get their shit kicked in by these shitposters but shrug it off because they already developed a proper artist mentality.

Basically /ic/ posters who gave up learning because they're lazy shits actively try to kill the motivation of beginners by holding them to impossible standards and imprinting the idea that they have to be good before they even start. And then new beginners only see passable art being posted and start falling for the talent/drawing from the womb meme.
>>
>>2891332
Almost forgot, those pessimisstic posters also tend to force the meme that you can only draw as a profession and not as a hobby, which furthers alienates inept artists. They also (rightfully) shit on formal art education while simultaneously telling people that self-teaching is inadequate.

Nobody--especially beginners--should use this board. Form more personal connections with art communities and individual artists. Anonymity makes people brutal even if it's unnecessary.

And most of all, just fucking get off 4chan and draw. Even without formally studying you will get more from putting a pencil to paper than you will from browsing this cesspool.
>>
>>2891339
>Even without formally studying you will get more from putting a pencil to paper than you will from browsing this cesspool
As if.
>>
>>2891348
With fundamental knowledge you can figure out plenty of shit on your own unless you're a fucking retard. How do you think the old masters learned about proportions and construction when they didn't have textbooks?

Just start drawing/assembling forms or sketch your dog or whatever. You will at least improve your line quality by sketching mindlessly, which is basically the most essential skill to an artist. And improving an essential skill is leagues better than posting a sketch and then being told to kill yourself, to just give up (because you're not going to make it), or that it's not good enough to be critiqued and you should read more Loomis. All of which will do nothing but kill the spark of creativity and undo whatever progress that person made through their work.
>>
>>2891375
I learned more during last year than I did during four years prior when all I did was drawing from imagination. I'm not a master so I need some guidance. /ic/ was off putting when I hadn't practiced in a proper way but I get valuable hints on what to read and where to improve now.
>>
File: 1394142048119.png (33KB, 477x752px) Image search: [Google]
1394142048119.png
33KB, 477x752px
I like /ic.. 4chan in general because although they say negative reinforcement is less effective than positive reinforcement, I would have never known what a dumb ass I was until people kicked my shit in after posting something I was confident about. It sucks, but it's the truth and as long as you don't take it personal and try to see what they are pointing out, you will always be trying to improve which is what art is about really.
>>
>>2891380
I would argue that just fucking around is still better than not drawing at all if you want to learn, and as you should know (from avoiding more formal instruction for four years) you really have to develop a certain mindset to really get into the grind and for most people that is NOT going to be how you want to start out.

And I should say my definition of fucking around still includes doing your figure/gesture sketch warmups and your occassional study, just not constantly grinding textbooks and drills. Because obviously you'll burn out in like one day if you approach learning like that right at the start.
>>
>>2891387
Just lurking /ic/ back in the day it crushed my ego at first, but I later learned to be humble while at the same time being confident (at least when it comes to improvement). Now the overkill criticism doesn't bother me as much because I can reason that my skills are stills just underdeveloped and I have to work more.
>>
>>2891332

>>2891339

IMO the issue is not with /ic/ as much as it is with how incredibly toxic the people are here. Like they don't have the mindset to make any meaningful improvements (shit like blaming other people, spouting shit about "talent", spending their time shitposting over actually drawing) so no matter what they want to do they will not see any improvements, whether is improving their art, getting good at competitive FPS, or something like learning how to code.

Basically you need to tread lightly and keep it positive. Have your goals in mind and keep shelling away at it.
>>
>>2891400
My thoughts exactly, especially with the last point. I was actually going to make a supplementary post about it but I'm glad someone else said it first.

Positive outlook minus pride = improvement. And treadly lightly at first is fine, because as long as you're persistent then it will snowball. You'll find yourself able to handle larger loads, get things done faster, and more willing to learn as you draw more. Questions will arise when you look at your work and you will find a direction to take your improvement. Trying to shovel books and kicking yourself will kill your motivation and interest before they even blossom.
>>
>>2891387
You ever think there's such a thing as TOO much negative reinforcement. That's where I feel like I'm at. Years and years of negative reinforcement with very little positive. Not good. Feel horrible every day.
>>
>>2891420

The best teachers I've had say things like "This isn't right but keep in mind this is hard, I've made that same mistake so many times"

Like people need to get in their head that this shit is hard so fucking up is normal.
>>
File: 1394158790311 (1).png (307KB, 667x572px) Image search: [Google]
1394158790311 (1).png
307KB, 667x572px
>>2891397
>>2891420
I got into a kinda good/bad habit of drawing at a coffee shop, bad because I buy too much coffee, good because I'm wired and sit there for hours only drawing where as I'd fuck around at home. Good thing is passerby's compliment every once and a while and it means more than what my friends say because I figure they liked it enough to actually make the effort to say something, huge boost in confidence, and /ic keeps me grounded and not content enough with my work to "call it good"
>>
>>2891493
>Good thing is passerby's compliment every once and a while and it means more than what my friends say because I figure they liked it enough to actually make the effort to say something, huge boost in confidence, and /ic keeps me grounded and not content enough with my work to "call it good"
Holy shit this. Art is the only thing where people actually talk to you and give you praise. It makes you feel so special for a few moments, then sink back into your seat as you realize you're shit.
>>
File: I-tan.jpg (129KB, 490x634px) Image search: [Google]
I-tan.jpg
129KB, 490x634px
>>2891510
just have to remember to keep going, helps to look back on old sketchbooks to know you've been improving.... it takes everything I have not to burn my early highschool sketchbooks.. >maplestory fan art and "abstract" art
REEEEE

No insults can get to me personalyy because I know how far I've come and will go if I continue
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.