[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what skill level should one quit his job and fully concentrate

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: vopros-300x197.png (35KB, 300x197px) Image search: [Google]
vopros-300x197.png
35KB, 300x197px
At what skill level should one quit his job and fully concentrate on making it?
>>
>>2884776
I would say a professional level.

Stupid.
>>
>>2884776
Beginner level to be honest desu.

Nobody believes you until you're good enough, but you can't be good enough if you don't fully concentrate on making it.

It's why there's so many people who don't make it.

No one believes them so they don't believes themselves.

The first step to making it is believing in yourself.
>>
>>2884779
You dont quit your job at a beginner level fag
>>
>>2884779
You can though, it just takes longer. Like if I practice 3 hours a day effectively, I could reach pro in 5-10 years. I don't see why /ic/ advocates drawing 16 hours a day. It's unhealthy and the only thing it shows is that you have no life. Get a life, get a day job, and grind in your free time.

A good example of someone who's done this is sinix
>>
>>2884783
>. Get a life, get a day job
Never gunna make it

(I'm not even joking)
>>
>>2884787
So, are you saying that all great artists don't have a life?
>>
>>2884787
If you can spend at least 2 hours on drawing besides work and every single day and assuming you have more free time on the weekends there will be plenty of time to make it.
>>
>>2884783
sorry bruh but : >>2884787 is right.

If you were to look at all of the masters throughout the various sub cultures in art, you'll begin to realize that those who "make it" live and breathe their craft.

it isn't about putting in 16 hours straight or what have you, it's about putting in FOCUSED attention to your craft.

>>2884803

All great artists create a lifestyle which helps them foster their craft to greater heights.
>>
>>2884813
That's absolutely not true. I've seen plenty of artists who pursue non art related jobs like mechanical engineering(which take up a considerable amount of time) and while they haven't "made it" in the sense that they aren't working professionally, they still draw as well as professions.

Hell, even vetyr said she only draws like 3 hours a day and look how good she is. You idiots fail to realize that the important thing isn't that you're drawing 16 hours a day but that you're drawing consistently and effectively every day, picking up new skills and eventually having your skill level grow to a pro level.
>>
>not fixing your work schedule to fit art study needs.

i have a job that i work for 7 days and off 7 days so i can hard core focus on art. and i still draw the whole night on nights i work.
>>
>>2884776
Once you can afford it.

What else is there to discuss?
>>
File: 1488416175180.gif (2MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
1488416175180.gif
2MB, 400x286px
I CAN'T, I CAN'T QUIT MY STEM STUDIES OR ELSE THEY WILL THINK I'M A BRAINLET.

HOLD ME /IC/
>>
>>2884776
Pound through the beginner stage. If you don't you'll be working a long time wondering when things will get less shitty with no torch 25% trough the tunnel.
>>
>>2884776
you start at an age when neeting at your parents place isn't considered being a useless leech
otherwise NGMI
>>
>>2884803
>life=dayjob
>>
>>2884783

I can't do 3 hours a day because drawing is not the only craft I want to git gud at. It's either 6h minimum or go home.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.