[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people want to pay large amounts of money to learn design

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: fengcrap.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
fengcrap.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>people want to pay large amounts of money to learn design from this guy

What a absolute joke. How the fuck is any of that photobashed mess supposed to be appealing?

>dat fucking heart on a sphere flanked by random pentagon shapes
>>
post your work
>>
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Feng's urban/cyberpunk stuff. His fantasy landscapes and designs tend to look a bit clearer.
>>
>>2884707
it's literally just a "concept" it's only job is to sell the the idea and give you an idea of what to expect overall. it doesnt need to be amazing and perfectly detailed. after all it's
>concept art.

but i do agree. it is a photobashed mess. and im not a fan of the look either. but i get what it's used for in the first place.
>>
>>2884707
DESU I didn't have much against feng until I've been exposed to his aggressive shilling on 4chan.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>2884707
I seriously don't understand why photobashing has become an industry standard in previs concept art. Yes, yes it's not supposed to look good, it's just a concept and is supposed to convey an idea yadda yadda. But the concept and the idea is what's the most shit in 99% of photobashed work.

I mean, don't clients want something where they can actually tell what's going on and see design other than sparkly lights and random shapes from google images? This isn't even ripping on Feng because when he draws and paints something by hand, it looks infinitely better and clearer and it usually takes him the same amount of time judging by his youtube videos.
>>
>>2884738
Is this a funposting thread? Okay, let me join in.

Why are concept artists regarded like the holy grail? The absolute peak of skill these days? Is it because people who create entertainment are basically the God of the modern age? They control us through their propaganda written through movies, games, advertisements, basically everything.

Does this perhaps mean we give concept artists too much power than they can handle? Has abuse of power begun and it's too late to stop it? Some say the industry is dying, but how can Gods die? Perhaps, they're just simply making you believe they are so they can work underneath the surface and behind the scenes.
>>
>>2884707
D:
>>
The problem with a lot of FZD student work is that though they spend so much time nailing the perspective and doubling over the symmetry, the designs are just plain unappealing. They look better as drawings, and as 3d game assets they just look like uninspired hobbyist shit.
>>
>>2884707

Right, forget about research, thinking and designing, let's just draw anime girls lmao
>>
>>2884742
Aspiring concept artists mostly just misunderstand what the job actually requires. They like the product, they're probably more of a fan of the director/lead than the artists involved...I see a lot of admiring someones career/success more than their actual work. Maybe they really are excited by working on POPULAR BRAND, but that involves keeping the torch lit, not starting the fire.
>>
>>2884719
I don't get the "concept" he's going for. Cyberpunk, sure, but what makes it unique? I'm not given any sense of purpose for these bizarre shapes and vehicles. The bottom left and bottom right look like they're completely different images. It's so clearly photobashed and completely ruins any atmosphere he had going.
>>
>>2884738

>I don't understand why photobashing has become the standard in an industry that's all about showing ideas the fastest way posible.

>Succesful designers and the triple A directors that hire them don't know anything lol, they should listen to me how design should look like

>>2884742

Why people want to work designing dragons and robots for famous movies and videogames? What's fun about that? They must be brainwashed!

You two can't really think why these kind of things are the way they are? Or you just seriously believe that you had a revelation that the most succeful people in the industry have never thought before?
>>
>>2885085
Shit, forgot the greentext in the second one.

>Why people want to work designing dragons and robots for famous movies and videogames? What's fun about that? They must be brainwashed!

There.
>>
>>2885085
I'm not saying I know better, I'm just saying it makes no sense to me. If I was making a movie or a video game and one of the settings was a cyberpunk bar, what on earth would I be doing with that piece of concept art now? The design is completely nonsensical and generic as fuck, there was no thought put into it, it was just a matter of what random photos caught his eye while looking for shit to bash together. It doesn't matter how fast he did it if it's completely useless to me.

>that's all about showing ideas the fastest way posible.

And That's the other thing. As I said Feng is just as fast at drawing and painting things by hand. The cyberpunk image took him about 4 hours and he's still not finished yet. I've seen him paint way better looking stuff in demos in under 2 hours and the end result, although not tightly rendered and particularly pretty, actually made sense, you can tell what's going on and the design has some clarity to it.
>>
>>2884707
>another retard who doesn't know anything about Feng school
>another retard who know nothing about concept art
They don't photobash in learning process, you shithead. Just kill yourself
>>
File: 21315365476575.jpg (141KB, 1187x652px) Image search: [Google]
21315365476575.jpg
141KB, 1187x652px
>>2885079
>Cyberpunk, sure, but what makes it unique?
>"unique"
>"concept art"
LMAO
>>
>>2885161
Yeah, that's why I'm not interested in this kind of stuff at all. It's a sales pitch (and a successful one at that), not a memorable piece of art. I think we can forget that sometimes and then we have two groups of people with completely different values arguing over the latest FZD product.
>>
File: 2feng4zhu.jpg (19KB, 227x225px) Image search: [Google]
2feng4zhu.jpg
19KB, 227x225px
>mfw
>>
>>2885161
The woes of an elite concept artist who only works on the highest paid projects, which by nature, are usually the most generic.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.