[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any art schools in italy that take a virtual beginner?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Are there any art schools in italy that take a virtual beginner? I've been working in finance for the past few years and I'm tired of it but I'm a virtual beginner with drawing so I know I won't meet the criteria for most portfolio submissions.
>>
Have you looked? What are your options?
>>
>>2884660

I've looked quite a bit, I'm not a native of Italy but of course we have the internet. Anywhere with a fine arts major really would be my option, it's all cheaper then the US. Most places I've looked don't say flat out "1st year beginner studies, 2nd advanced, etc"

So i was hoping for a recommendation. Was looking at the florence academy of fine arts, looks good but like i said not sure.
>>
There are no art schools that rake beginners anywhere in Europe, and I assume anywhere else, either, just like there are no math or physics academies that take people who don't know calculus.

Art schools are not there to teach people to draw, they are there to direct people who already did their legwork.

/ic/ seems to think art schools teach you Loomis and DOTRSOTB, but it's all higher level stuff like composition and color theory, with art history being the bulk of the non-praxis curriculum.
Unless you go to a meme school, then you literally just finger paint and make sculptures out of toilet paper rolls
>>
>>2884700

Well unless you learn on your own most schools don't offer serious drawing programs before university level. So I thought it would make sense if a 1st year program would be catered to beginners. Wouldn't that make sense? it was just a question.
>>
>>2884703
I think most European Schools are pretty serious straight out. They have you doing still lifes, casts, and bargue plates to a high accuracy, practically perfection. Since there aren't really a "basics" in art per se. It may not make sense to someone who doesn't draw. Florence Academy of Arts looks good though, looks similar to Angel Academy of Art which I learned about from an anon on /ic/. https://youtu.be/lUd1J4wMijQ shows you what they do in their 3-year program.
>>
>>2884703
And I gave you an answer.

You need to learn on your own or find an independent workshop to teach you before you apply for a real school.
>>
>>2884722

I don't mind the answer I wasn't trying to be antagonistic, I just wanted people to understand where I'm coming from. I guess I'm eager to be in the RIGHT place quicker then my skills probably will allow me. I appreciate it. I'm taking a summer class which is fundamentals of drawing and life studies at a school nearby. If anyone knows of a school otherwise though that's decent for full year beginner i'd still take a rec.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.