[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to know your opinion of this drawing and what can

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

I want to know your opinion of this drawing and what can I improve on it?
>>
>>2883065

in my opinion. go do some life drawing courses, it's lacking anatomy.

also stop smoking pot. i can tell you smoke pot. pot makes you less creative.
>>
File: snake.jpg (268KB, 416x671px) Image search: [Google]
snake.jpg
268KB, 416x671px
>>2883065
Definitely work on anatomy. You might want to use photographic reference. You could try taking your own photos as reference. That's what I do.
>>
>>2883083
How can you tell?
>>
>>2883099
we have all been there anon, we just want the best for you.
as you are a past version of ourselves.
and if i could go back in time and help myself, i would.

stop pot, draw seriously.
>>
>>2883099

when you go do life drawing course( if you do) make sure you drink before you go. it will loosen you up a bit. nothing wrong with drinking and drawing. plus its a lot more fun.
>>
>>2883144
dubz never lie. like don't get wasted just have a glass or two of wine.
>>
File: 1482618830250.jpg (334KB, 751x733px) Image search: [Google]
1482618830250.jpg
334KB, 751x733px
>>2883143
Not that anon but durring summer (because of less responsibilities) I like to smoke 2 or 3 times a week
Is that still too often? I'm good about restricting how much I do it, I haven't got high since August
>>
>>2883156
2 times a week is a lot. jesus christ. and I know I used to smoke pot everyday. 2 times a week still. shit fugs u up f@m
>>
>>2883159
Yeah there was a week where I got high everyday one week cause friends and co workers kept offering it free while we were hanging
Working while high was not the best idea and made me paranoid, shits a gains goblin
>>
>>2883065
She looks like an obnoxious cunt, so if that was your aim, congratulations.
>>
>>2883083
>pot makes you less creative

yeah okay there bud
>>
>>2883065
>cute and stylized
>"work on anatomy"

wut? it's good OP, you just came to the right place for retarded responses though
>>
>>2883228

keep drawing puking satanic cliche upside down crosses shit cartoon art there kiddo.
>>
>>2883065
I'll tell you something neither of the fucks above me will. It is 'good,' but you do need to work on anatomy. Holy fuck, right? You're really good at hiding your mistakes and making stuff that appeals to a wider audience than most d/ic/ks, and you clearly have your priorities right (midriff, neck, face, pretty good.) But in order to tie it together, in order to actually pull a strong audience, here's what you have to work on:

Logic: Why would you drink beer and chew gum. I do neither, so I wouldn't know, but it sounds like someone with no taste would do.

Gesture. Fairly boring, static, normal pose. Uninspired and generic. Sure, she's SO cool, but imagine if instead, she was actually relatable to one of us (look up loish's stuff for reference, her tumblr banner is a perfect example.)

Anatomy: Your bodies, especially that midriff, look like they were inspired by World Ends With you, But it doesn't hold together because you're not done with your studies yet. It's clear in the elbows, wrists, hands, hair, and breasts that you don't know the full human anatomy yet.

Professionalism. I won't criticize your subject matter, that's your tackle to hook. Rather, you have low line quality, it's obvious you photobashed the background (at least hide it) and your colors pass the black edge in spots (change those edges to brown, trust me.)
>>
uff
>>
>>2883231
Upside down cross isn't even satanic you dup, it's the symbol of saint peter
>>
>>2884563
it goes both ways.
>>
File: asdjas.jpg (2MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
asdjas.jpg
2MB, 2480x3508px
>>2883281
OP here , this is better?
>>
Its p good op but like the others said work on anatomy (not even that bad but most glaring concern). I'd also experiment with gesture. If you cover up the bottom it looks pretty mechanical.

Don't let the other anons get you down, it's a lot better than most of the trash posted here, but this is the critique board so you'd do well to listen to these people.
>>
>>2883065
I don't know if this falls into the Anatomy category like all the other Anons are telling you to learn, but you need to understand basic perspective and how to foreshorten. I assume you decided to do a profile view of the head because it tends to be easier to do then 3/4ing it. And if you say you wanted it to be profile, Why? Does it add anything to the piece, does it say something about the characters personality specifically? The fingers holding the beer are flat and don't wrap around the beer bottle. They should foreshorten towards us. Her poses indicates that she's leaning on the bar, but her arm doesn't look like it's supporting any weight. When you draw a character, make sure you draw EVERYTHING, even if it's off screen. This will ensure you have believable poses. Overall you have a glint of something interesting and appealing, take your studies all the way Anon! Good luck!
>>
>>2883065
Consider level of detail. Your level of detail should be fairly uniform no matter what style you're going for. If one part is cartoony, and another part is photorealistic, it creates a jarring clash.

And I don't just mean the cartoon on top of a photo. You have landmarks indicated for some of the major muscles and her collarbones/clavical, but her forearms and fingers (mainly her right hand) just look like noodles.

What's the point of her being in front of that photo? She's clearly not in perspective with it, her elbow is on a bar counter or something, which doesn't match the photo.

And in relation to what other people have mentioned about anatomy, that's a pretty extreme lean. If you can, stand in front of a mirror and lean far enough that your legs are tilted at that angle, and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>2884658
Longwinded cunt here, and yeah, it looks a lot better. Especially creating a sense of depth with the hair.
Feel free to color it in using the brown lines, the reason I suggested it is because brown lines blend better and soften the edges. Only huge issue here is still your line quality and then workflow.
As a sketch, this is quite good, but to make it great you need to make another layer, use thinner, more confident lineart, then paint.
Speaking of which, you might take a few good tips from this guy. He rambles a bit too much, but there are good tips in the video that make it worth your time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh12RA3ha0U
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.