[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend sketchbooks for someone looking to not spend wads of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: wet-cat.jpg (45KB, 500x641px) Image search: [Google]
wet-cat.jpg
45KB, 500x641px
Recommend sketchbooks for someone looking to not spend wads of cash? I keep using printer paper but it's not very convenient to carry around.
>>
She needs to get pounced for basically torturing that cat. That's fucking cruel.
>>
>>2882680
Staple together a bunch of printer paper
/thread
>>
https://www.amazon.com/PaperyPro-Clipboards-Profile-Retractable-included/dp/B01DKY6M3G
>>
>>2882691

>tripfag
>/threads their own post

Yeah. Figures.
>>
>>2882696
Thanks for an actual suggestion, but not exactly what I'm looking for.
>>
Are we talking about high volume crappy paper for practice, or something a bit nicer?
>>
you can get sketchbooks in most dollarstores pretty cheap, anon.
>>
>>2882716
A bit nicer for when I'm actually trying to make stuff that's good. I just don't want to spend more than I have to.

Fundamentals practice is probably gonna stay on cheapo printer paper.

>>2882718
I have found super cheap sketchbooks to be worse than printer paper.
>>
>>2882724
I'd actually suggest going to the store and feeling the paper of the cheaper ones to see if they're tolerable, but I use Strathmore mixed media sketchbook 5x8 for $6. Sometimes on sale at Michaels you can get two for one. It only has 40 pages, but it's thick enough to use front and back for 80 pages. It can handle paint even. The paper is super smooth and easy to erase on. http://www.utrechtart.com/Strathmore-300-Series-Mixed-Media-Paper-Pads--Spiral-Bound-MP-13639-001-i1034294.utrecht?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=13639-1085&country=US&currency=USD&gclid=Cj0KEQiAxeTFBRCGmIq_7rGt_r8BEiQANdPqUuxCPx4O1OKU8lte7TgQk0N4VzjhJ5hRcuovoo1BGJsaAssu8P8HAQ
I use that for on the go and printer paper at home. I find that spiral binding is easier to use than other kinds, since it can lay flat.

A cheaper sketchbook with thinner scratchier paper is Penny pad 11x14 for 100 pages. It lays decently flat. http://www.artistcraftsman.com/borden-riley-10-penny-sketch-bond-pads.html
>>
Buy a clipboard. Now your printer paper is portable.
>>
>>2882754
t. Dobson
>>
>>2882680
I've been using one of these for a bit. They're not overly expensive and the paper quality is decent enough. I don't think I'd do any finished stuff on here but it's good enough for my purposes.

https://www.amazon.com/Strathmore-Recycled-Sketch-Spiral-Sheets/dp/B002469OFU
>>
>>2882919
Seconding this. I got three of the non-recycled ones in a three-for-one deal at Aaron Brothers (for the price, it was more like three-for-two, but it's still a good deal).

The canson xl sketchbooks are also a good value. Better than the strathmore skills ones and cheaper on amazon.
>>
>>2882680

Well that's some wet pussy
>>
>>2882691

Ketamine is for horses, you dumb motherfucker.
>>
>>2882680
I like using 100 percent acid free cardstock. It's very smooth, heavyweight, and can take a real beating. I've been able to get some pretty good details in pen and charcoal on it. It's like 3 to 5 bucks for 100 sheets.
>>
>>2882724

I've found moleskin cahiers to be a pretty good run of the mill mediocre sketchbook.
Cheaper than the usual overpriced moleskins, comes in packs of three. Nice plain covers you can fuck around with if you want.
>>
>>2882680
Sometimes michaels has a buy one get one free deal every once in a while, and i use the 40% coupon to get the small 150 page artist's loft sketchbooks. But if there isnt a michaels where you live, you can learn how to bind your own books (there are plenty of tutorials on youtube). Otherwise, most strathmore and canson sketchbooks are nice.
>>
File: 2017-03-03-17-50-11--528075192.jpg (3KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-03-17-50-11--528075192.jpg
3KB, 230x219px
Drawing scroll.
>>
>>2883134
this
>>
File: image.jpg (134KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134KB, 800x800px
A4 peter pauper press

Or...

b5 bound notebook.
>>
>>2883131
Seconding this, I really like them. The covers are soft but somehow still pretty sturdy, paper has a nice colour and texture, too thin to accept wet mediums well though.

Also the ideal size to drop into a jacket pocket with a pen and automatic pencil.
>>
>>2882680
They sell canson sketch books for like 5 bucks at walmart
>>
>>2882680
Just get a Canson sketchbook. They're not that expensive and the paper is decent enough for quick shit that you aren't going to finish. I use an XL now and it's worked pretty well so far.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.