[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /ic/, I am looking to get some feedback on a current pro

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: Electric Sheep.png (2MB, 1436x810px) Image search: [Google]
Electric Sheep.png
2MB, 1436x810px
Hi /ic/,

I am looking to get some feedback on a current project of mine. Basically, is this something you would consider watching as a 30-minute film? Do you like the general aesthetic etc?

Id genuinely appreciate any constructive criticism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WavyRqIoxPI
>>
>>2881567
Yeah I'd watch that. It's neat. Reminds me of Heavy Metal or Interstella 5555 recorded on VHS.
>>
>>2881567

I am sucker for 80's retro style and dirty synths, I love it.
>>
>>2881567
so you were going for the new wave/retro 80's throw back trend that ended two years ago I presume.

It looks like crocodile asshole poop not joking. I think you underestimated the amount of skill it actually takes to replicate a style that existed before the day you were even born.

I'm being honest. You're experience in after effects is nothing but amateur foolishness. Fucking ridiculous to say the least. Absolutely terrible.
>>
>>2881567
Its too obvious your hopping on the kung fury tail coats, just like like far cry blood dragon did.
>>
>>2881670
That is in no way constructive criticism. Don't you have some other threads to go and tell people to git gud at? You are such a sadass loser. You really need to go do something.
>>
>>2881678
yea fuck you too.
>>
>>2881675
>>2881676

You people have serious issues, I meant it. Please OP don't listen to these fucking fags, there's never enough retro stuff out there.
>>
>>2881567

What's with the Skrillex song?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpS7nCweYZI
>>
>>2881688
I have issues because i called him out on his non originality? You have issues for swinging on his nuts and not being honest with the man
>>
>>2881681
The guy made a demo of a thing and asks for constructive criticism. So you think 'Oh I better tell him how bad it fucking sucks before he spends hundreds of hours honing craftsmanship without offering any technical or aesthetic advice'. That's just nasty. Go work on your thing, man.
>>
>>2881699
No, you have issues because you're not fulfilling your own potential. Go do that.
>>
>>2881699

>not being honest with the man

I was completely honest with him, I love 80's Aesthetics and music and there no way anyone can see there's way too much of that already out there. You come off as a bitter as fuck dude that has offered nothing but mindless fucking drivel about a concept you don't even understand. Originality my ass, faggot.
>>
>>2881567
i would surely watch it but soon forget it.

Lurk more about what made the essence of 80's aestetics.

at home i have a pile of old magazine about photography, CGI, and SF from the 80's. They are eye opening. Lurk more and understand what you are doing instead of copying pink neon vaporwave style.

Less VHS effect, less neon, less "cool big car".
Well, show less but wiser to say more.

Pleas tell us you have a purpose, something to say. Stand for something.
>>
Great direction, the post processing effects are great but some of the character animation is perhaps a little smooth. Can you set a lower framerate for the tweening? The smoke explosion had the right vibe but then when his arms are jittering so smoothly or steering, it breaks the aesthetic.

And don't take too much of the negativity here to heart. It's not exactly a style of work that ic enjoys. It's overwhelmingly anime / realistic and everything else gets a harder time.
>>
>>2881699
why are you trying to be me?
>>
>>2881729
We made this trailer in a week as a proof of concept for investors. We got our funds and are moving ahead. The finished product is actually going to be a 3D cgi film. I really appreciate your comment and we are working to refine our style so it isn't as in your face as the trailer. Believe it or not we have an actual story. Id love it if you could link me to some information regarding what is in those magazines?
>>
>>2881567
its competently put together, but the style been played the fuck out. The trend started in like 2006 with kavinsky? the 80s themselves were only ten years IIRC let it rest damn.
>>
>>2882214
I can but they are all in french. CREE, PIXEL and GRAPHIS.

the ads are the best part.

i'm gonna search and dump here one scan or two.
>>
>>2882432
was around 2012 when Drive and hotlinemiami came out, that whole indie genre phase. 2012-2016. watching this is like watching a race just to see who comes last. well?
>>
>>2882472
Drive made it go mainstream but it was around before that with french electro music(Valerie Collective), their music, videos and album covers spawned the whole genre/fad.
>>
>>2882472
>>2882432
Well I am not making this to follow some fad. I genuinely love this style and I am making this film out of pocket into something I love. I appreciate your cander but it isn't an issue to me that people like you think this style is over-played. I'm sorry that what I want to make bores you. Maybe you will like my next project. Anyways thanks for taking the time to reply.
>>
>>2882470
so, you're back... you want some scan ? but i advise you, you can find a lot on google image with the names i dropped, i think they are out of the mainsteam league.

but seriously, it's more an essence you can understand if you browse trough hundreds of 80's b&w magazine than a thig you can grasp with only one ref.

Pay attention to the candid feeling of the 80's and come with your own thing, that way, the "it's hotline miami" fags will shut up.
>>
>>2882573
This is exactly the kind of advice I was hoping to get. I will do more research. Thank a lot dude
>>
>>2882578
happy to help.

out of topic, look at that, hey are two young frenchies. You see my point ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iqdHc314Qc
soud design matters
>>
I like the title, the aesthetic definitely has promise.
>>
>>2882559
>cander
it's candor.

Anyway, video looks good, but no, I wouldn't consider watching it as a 30 minute film. Those other guys are right, this 80's neon-night-synth A E S T H E T I C thing has been growing in popularity over the last 5 years to the point of over-saturation now. You're gonna be an "also-ran".

If you love it, make it, but know that very few people will watch it. It doesn't matter that you're genuinely passionate, it's feels like a knockoff of everything else. That said, you clearly know what you're doing and are clearly capable of making something successful if you put something in there to distinguish it from the techno-retr0 fad
>>
>>2884079
>like the title
it's a direct lift from the Philip K Dick piece that inspired Blade Runner. So to put it in neon is... just really, really played-out and unfortunate. Like, damn, OP has more ability than you ever see around these parts, but he's insisting on a genre that is just totally mined dry. It'd be one thing if he was bringing something fresher to it, like an exploration of biology a'la osmosis jones. That hasn't been done to death at least. Instead, it's pretty much beat-for-beat the same shtick as everything else in the genre.

>>2882585
that's a fun video.
>>
>>2884178
>osmosis jones

Mh. I grew up watching "once upon a time...life" so, for me the genre is dry. But i may be biased. Osposis jones is a cool movie though. Loved "The spot" nightclub idea.

Thanks for liking the animation. the two brothers responsible for that are now working on a comic book about penises and reproduction in biology. For a brand new collection in scientific vulgarization.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.