[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What art program do Japanese animation houses use to create their

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
What art program do Japanese animation houses use to create their work?

I might be over-complicating it, but it seems like a combination of frame-by-frame animation (in PS/Sai), Toonboom (for easily tweened pieces), and Maya (for CG).
>>
>>2880937
some make their own and never release it to the public. small studios buy licenses from celsys for programs like clip studio and retas, but in most cases they use their own if its a big studio.
>>
>>2880937
One studio i knew drew frames on paper, scanned it and used some celsys software to add colors tweens and stuff
>>
File: asdad123123.png (351KB, 589x594px) Image search: [Google]
asdad123123.png
351KB, 589x594px
Paper and pencil

Honestly, it various but in the long run it doesn't matter since it's only used for clean up. With CG, it's mainly autodesk stuff.
>>
>>2880937
For traditional I think they use some fancy software that you can't find in the western markets but it all comes down to including x-sheets and notes in the animation project files to aid in the workflow since many people are working on the project. It's overkill if you are animating alone. If you are working alone or with a few people, a drawing program like Photoshop accompanied with a spreadsheet or txt file for x-sheets would work just fine.
>>
>>2881135
they dont animate with photoshop. they use photoshop for textures and shit, and use actual animating programs because they have built in x-sheets and reilable features. they also use aftereffects too. that said they use a shit ton of software suits.
>>
>>2880937
https://opentoonz.github.io/e/

Ghibli used this one, but mostly they just do cleanup in this
>>
>>2880937
You probably shouldn't be looking to Studio DEEN as any kind of positive example.
>>
>>2881456
This is what I use, except I scan pencil into it. It's pretty good for "compiling," not too sure how the actual in-program drawing is.
>>
>>2880937
There are no rules, they use everything from Houdini to retas to glass and acrylic. If you want more info just surf cgworld.jp
>>
File: mpv-shot0694.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0694.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>2880937
>>
File: mpv-shot0695.jpg (82KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0695.jpg
82KB, 1920x1080px
>>2882100
>>
>>2880973
>celsys
>>2882100

>>2880937
they work on paper for draft and finish. If you look closely to any anime in full HD you'll notice pencil/ink blots. you only do digital for heavily stylized line weight and strokes. They prefer to do it traditional since animation line weight are always equal and you're always working in a 16:9 canvas.
>>
>>2880937
One method used, as described by Bahi JD;

"But there are also animators that print out their digital animation work and do the fine tuning on paper. Flash is basically only for line animating, I would not recommend doing the rest in Flash. Photoshop or Retas tools can be used for the digital coloring & tracing, and After Effects for compositing."

Creamy Cheese Sauce
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2014-04-16/the-space-dandy/part-ii-bahi-jd
>>
>>2880937
https://youtu.be/J5LbtfuJlJ8
>>
>>2880937
Retas seems to be pretty common
>>
>>2881115
>In Japan

I thought they just made the keyframes in Japan and then make the rest in Korea.
>>
>>2882745
they offshore most of the time. koreans, flips, and other chinks animate the drawings
>>
>>2884511
Not most of the time, based on the show's I've seen, outsourcing some other country is not as common unless it's one of those endless shows like DBZ or Yugioh. I'd say less than 20% is outsourced to korea or china for the average anime.
>>
File: 49258389_p0.png (954KB, 781x1267px) Image search: [Google]
49258389_p0.png
954KB, 781x1267px
>>2882100
>>2882101
which shows are these?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.