[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your reply when people keep asking you for an

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: 8a4.jpg (7KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
8a4.jpg
7KB, 316x202px
What's your reply when people keep asking you for an art trade/ request?
>>
File: trumpson.jpg (13KB, 192x200px) Image search: [Google]
trumpson.jpg
13KB, 192x200px
>>
>tfw no one asks you for an art trade / request
>>
>>2878066
Hey anon, I'm requesting a picture of sonic the hedgehog eating some mac and cheese at a retro diner.

Pls comply. Thank you
>>
File: Request1.jpg (73KB, 1057x807px) Image search: [Google]
Request1.jpg
73KB, 1057x807px
>>2878077
>>
>>2878080
Thanks anon. You're a good man.
>>
>>2878077
Idk what a mac and cheese is
>>
>>2878056
I wouldnt know.
Something like that has never happened to me before
>>
>I don't take requests, sorry.
Is that really hard to say you dumb frogposter?
>>
>>2878056
Just say you're busy. It's a nice way of saying no.

and I have a feeling this is about me lol I ask people to trade drawings all the time.
>>
>>2878056
>asking you for an art trade
Where did you find such nice people?
>>
wtf. Are we talking about trading a request for a request here? If you need me to draw your shitty request for it to be good then why would I want your stuff in return?
>>
>>2878591
Yeah but some autists will just keep asking you laterl. Just say >>2878098 or that you aren't interested.
>>
>>2878056

I say:
>I only trade with people as skilled as I am.

Then they realize they're more skilled than I am and thus aren't eligible.
>>
>>2878056
ask for titty pics, or sharpie in pooper if male
>>
File: dissapointed.png (85KB, 646x544px) Image search: [Google]
dissapointed.png
85KB, 646x544px
Nobody requests an art trade. I'm not good enough.
>>
>>2881944
Want to art trade anon?
>>
>>2878066
This.
>>
Never happens, but I'd say no thanks.
>>
>>2878056
>Yeeah, so I have like soooo much I have to do right now. Perhaps we can work something out later some time just not right now?

I've got too many issues to take money for my shit. But I'm not going to put down a bunch of hours for free either.
>>
people only want me to do work for free, nobody wants to pay me : (
>>
I've gotten a few max autism messages which give me a vibe they spam the same shit to every artist they see. I tend to ignore those.

If I get one that looks like they personally took the time to look at my stuff and just make a request, I tend to just politely decline. Unless it's something I already wanted to do, anyway.

If they get offended and throw a fit I didn't draw their trash (luckily hasn't happened yet) I don't give a shit.
>>
>>2878734

>If you need me to draw your shitty request for it to be good then why would I want your stuff in return?

There are a few reasons you might want to do a trade.

1) Your styles differ enough that you both could offer something fun and unique to one another.
2) You want the mutual benefit of reaching each others' audiences for a bit of cross publicity.
3) You just do it for fun or because you're friends with the person.

Plenty of artists are skilled in different areas to one another. Some people love the idea of their character/concept being drawn in a different way than they might do it. It doesn't magically mean one is good and the other is shitty, artistic skill is a lot more nebulous than just being "oh I'm a level 4 artist and he's a level 6 artist..."
>>
>>2878056
No.
>>
man people @ dA are cheap as fuck and underaged, i dont think any money is gonna come from there to anyone.

how about fucking no unless you pay me 10/hour
>>
File: 1472557993256.jpg (183KB, 1387x805px) Image search: [Google]
1472557993256.jpg
183KB, 1387x805px
Are art trades a smart way for getting attention?
>>
>>2882893
This is too real for me.
>>
>>2878056

What the fuck is an art trade
>>
>>2882290
this

I see fur friends doing this often.
>>
>>2878056
place somewhere openly on your profile "no trades" or "trades: friends only"

if a friend asks and you can't/don't wanna do it just give em the ol' common "aw shit man, i'd love to but i'm hella swamped right now, my apologies"
>>
>>2882279
THis... or they want to pay $10 and a papeclip for a hyperrealistic portrait of their 100 year old grandpa on a massive canvas that you stretched yourself. Then they're shocked when you tell them what you normally charged.
>>
File: 1485240849321.webm (938KB, 1410x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1485240849321.webm
938KB, 1410x1080px
>>2884483
>if a friend asks and you can't/don't wanna do it just give em the ol' common "aw shit man, i'd love to but i'm hella swamped right now, my apologies"
If you're open to art trades for your friends and one of them gives you something extremely complicated to ink, render, or etc, try it anyway. Some artists desperately talk about wanting to escape their comfort zone, but speaking from experience -- this is a perfect way of doing just that! Is it going to look awful in the end? Most likely, but you should be more aware of your weak spots. Although it'll look bad, I guarantee it'll at least look amazing compared to the other drawings you thought looked good at the time.

>>2882290
Also this, desu.
>>
File: 1488293913904.jpg (64KB, 382x321px) Image search: [Google]
1488293913904.jpg
64KB, 382x321px
>>2882290
this
always wanted to do an art trade but i often worry im not good enough
though any skill level would be appriciated by me personally
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.