[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hallo, I'm pretty new to painting things in photoshop.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Rocket-o Ship-o-des~.jpg (208KB, 1025x971px) Image search: [Google]
Rocket-o Ship-o-des~.jpg
208KB, 1025x971px
Hallo,

I'm pretty new to painting things in photoshop. So I know nothing about brush settings. I'm trying to as accurately replicate the strokes. the brush, used in this image. Some help would be rad.
>>
>>2877574
It's literally just got flat tones and gradients in that image, so can be done with just about any opaque brush such as a hard round, and then a soft brush for the gradients. You can keep things on separate layers and use clipping masks to keep the shapes clean if you want. The image is pixelated to hell, but it looks like the background might have some slight texture to it, which can be achieved either through manually painting it in, glazing with a texture brush such as a chalk brush, or overlaying a scanned texture of something like watercolors.
>>
>>2877574
>I'm pretty new to painting things in photoshop.

You might want to consider using Krita which is very similar to photoshop (same layout, almost the slame hotkeys), is open source and great variety of natural feeling brushes.

However I don't think that brushes are your issue. That painting doesn't look like it would need a special brush to be painted as it has very clear lines with a bit of texture which you could fake by putting a paper texture layer on top with multiply by 20% or so.
>>
>>2877584
>natural feeling brushes.

This is exactly my gripe with photoshop, none of the brushes feel natural. I will have to check Krita out then.
>>
>>2877611
There's plenty of brushes that feel natural. Just look for something like Jaime Jones's brush set. You can also use the mixer brush to get a more natural look.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.