[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If a teen started learning fundamentals, at what age would

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1487479777053.jpg (384KB, 548x768px) Image search: [Google]
1487479777053.jpg
384KB, 548x768px
If a teen started learning fundamentals, at what age would they make it?
>>
>>2877564
It doesn't work like that's

Semi-good taste but still fuck you for creating your own thread.
>>
Too many factors that aren't well defined. What is "making it"? What exact age do they start? What type of education are they getting? How much practice are they doing? How talented are they?

As general rules of thumb though, with proper training someone can reach a professional level of competence in 3-6 years. Reaching a master level will take 10+ years, possibly even longer depending on how you define it, and not everyone will actually reach it even if they put in the time.
>>
well I ran the numbers OP and it doesn't look good...
>>
>>2877564

Irrelevant. You can't determine such a thing.

"Teenage" is at least a 9 year expanse. That's 9 years to learn how to be adequate at a hobby.

What you're obviously asking is "How long until I do this thing well if I started now?"

Which is "Whenever you can do it."

But you're wasting time asking instead of just reading the stickies, going into the beginner threads, stopping into the book threads, and doing it.
>>
>>2877564
Sauce?
>>
>>2877564
In their 30's.
>>
>>2877564
probably already a little better than they think they are ;)
>>
>>2877564
define making it
you can tell someone is going to make it bythe shit they created at the age of 10
others might just start at 40 and still become great
>>
>>2877564
Threads like this are retarded and contribute nothing. We have beginners/non artists asking stupid shit like this every week.
'How many hours to get to x level'
'If I do x hours a day then how many years until I make it'
'How many hours has this artist drawn'

Questions like these are exactly why you won't make it. if you can't see why these questions are retarded then that just proves my point.
>>
just cos someone has ability does in no way mean they are capable of the skills required to turn it into a career.
>>
>>2877564
could be pro in five years, could be ten, could be never, could be a constant tiny stream of work never enough to actually support themselves
>>
>>2877564
hnnnnng muh doohinkus
>>
>>2877564
Source of book? Got a pdf?
>>
>>2877564
>teen started learning fundamentals
The dunning Kruger would help them believe they were good in just a few days.

And isn't that really all you want? If you believe you made it then you have made it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.