[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you've never been mentally ill your art will always be

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: 1393089594596.jpg (19KB, 367x384px) Image search: [Google]
1393089594596.jpg
19KB, 367x384px
If you've never been mentally ill your art will always be bland and meaningless. You'll never be able to convey emotion deeper than the puddle on my driveway because you've never experienced it. It's time to face it, all REAL great works of art were made by mentally unstable people for a reason.

If you've been mentally healthy your entire life you might as well give up instead of producing your menial and meaningless normie-tier garbage art.

It'll be forgotten anyway.
>>
it's not edgy to be ill. get cured already.
>>
>>2877320
>implying there is a cure
>>
>>2877323
>implying I want to be cured
>>
>>2877323
even then, there's nothing to brag about.
>>
>>2877320
>>2877323
>>2877331
No spark here.
>>
>>2877307

Wow, I guess I can now put my existential anxiety to good use.
>>
wowie my ADHD definitely helps me focus on my work and get things done, thanks op I made it
>>
>>2877347
>believing in ADHD
>>
Aw if everybody could just stop glorifying illness.

Just go back to your pro-ana junkyard forum.
>>
Illness doesn't make you creative, experience does.
>>
>>2877347
my depression is pretty great too. Not being able to get out of the bed, let alone be productive sure has given me an advantage over healthy people
>>
File: 1452270324370.png (18KB, 640x712px) Image search: [Google]
1452270324370.png
18KB, 640x712px
David Lynch says the opposite

https://youtu.be/BH4qD5Fzyjk?t=28m40s
>>
Wow, more proof that I'm a better artist than you and I didn't even have to show my work.
>>
>>2877519
But then again he is a pretentious post-modernist of the worst kind.
>>
File: dfds.png (103KB, 570x615px) Image search: [Google]
dfds.png
103KB, 570x615px
just got done watching this on NHK about a disabled jap guitarist:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/lens/321_28.html

>Guitarist Kim Jihee (21) has an intellectual disability. Intellectual disability manifests itself as a lack of learning ability and social skills. Being around classmates who do not understand her, Jihee has so far spent dark, lonely days with not even one friend. But as Jihee learned to play the guitar, she started to change. Now, she has grown into a guitarist performing on numerous stages. The guitar, as Jihee’s best friend, has allowed her to get in touch with the world. However, she is still unskilled in communicating with others. The sound of her voice and guitar are not strong enough to fully reach the audience. Nevertheless, people give Jihee a big applause because of the fact that she has a disability. Jihee aspires to become a better musician. But as she gets close to a wall—the absence of creativity—she encounters limitations as a musician, too early on. There is, however, no limit to her efforts to flourish as a musician. In the meantime, Jihee is entering the society, a step at a time.

she wins a handicap contest, and even though she loses the main one, she plays with more charm, meaning and beauty than the other contestants who just slap around and show off.

i think OP is somewhat brass about the fact that if you are disabled, art probably means a lot more to you.

guis look inside yourselves, is art the only thing worth living for? do you have nothing else to offer the world? use your discomfort at this fact be your guiding force, always imagine yourself as the retard no one takes seriously who is gonna pierce the heavens one day. the guy who shows the whole high school who's the real ass nigga after all (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7Z3JERdk

It'll never happen,
>>
>>2877307
Soon I will channel all the hate/suffering people throw at me as a trans woman into the most masterful art.

I have also gained a new/deeper sense of empathy too. Something which I heard Platon (photographer)
>>
>>2877550
cont: Something which I heard Platon talk about being a source of inspiration. He said he believes what differentiates his work is that he takes the time to interview the people he is working with to try and expose something core to themselves in the photos.

I am certain that applies to fine art as well. The depth and level of understand you have of your subject will enhance it. (as long as your doing impressionistic work. . . If you aren't /are doing hyper realism you are doing it wrong.)

All this being said. I don't think suffering is a hard requirement. I would also say that many who do suffer never learn to capture/use those feelings in a productive way either.

Ultimately it comes down to you as a person, and you still have to work harder than the next person to win.
>>
File: joke.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
joke.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
Wewwww, following the tumblr school of making it as an artist, are you
>>
>>2877538
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/no-true-scotsman
>>
>>2877577
I can think of fallacies that might apply but that's certainly not it.

Enjoy wanking off to your intellectually superior "Lynchian" bullcrap which in the end is meaningless drivel and leaves you looking like a complete pretentious dumbfuck
>>
>>2877307
you should watch Frank OP
>>
>>2877571
It works, why aren't you doing it?
>>
>>2877307
>>2877307
Op is right, without mental illness we would not have this masterpiece
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lco4fAmGuA0
>>
>>2877367
This
>>
>>2877815
i miss the skateboard part.
>>
>>2877550

Have you tried not being trans?
>>
File: shark.jpg (11KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
shark.jpg
11KB, 300x299px
>>2877815
MORE LIKE LENTIL ILLNESS AM I RIGHT??
>>
>>2877550
You should do literature then because the only masterpiece you will ever produce as a faggot is your suicide note.
You're welcome, hope it helps.
>>
>>2877307
mental illness is the new cringe.

i'm not impressed op.
>>
i dont think its just a mental illness that really gives you an edge, its more about the momentum you gain from going through shit (whichever way that happens) that really builds you as an artist
>>
>>2877598
tips fedora
>>
During my depression i Wasnt even able to leave the bed yet alone do anything remotely productive. You are talking out of your ass.
>>
>>2880942
Lynch is the fucking epitome of fedora tipping you drooling retard.
>>
Bouguereau was like the normie-est normie of all, and he was technically great.
>>
>>2877367
Bump
>>
This thread is making me mentally ill, am I ready to be an artist now?
>>
>>2877307
looks like im gonna make it
>>
>>2877528
XD just nailed the nail on the but!
>>
>>2877598
if you are slightly mentally ill < do some jogging or some shit, that stuff comes from being a couch potato-pothead insert what ever doesnt get excercise... and then youll lighten up and stop the pretentious statements all together.
>>
>>2877307
everyone thinks they are edgy OP deep deep inside, they do, and all who are here think that they too are special little flowers that will fart their special fragrance into the winds of futility,... pfffwaha WAHAHA!! mentally retarded retartist!
reality is what is, its ok its free. take it ! stop complaining!, oh wait no keep at it its fine too.
>>
File: 1476102178015.jpg (94KB, 750x574px) Image search: [Google]
1476102178015.jpg
94KB, 750x574px
Mushrooms, OP. Mushrooms.
>>
>>2877307
Dying young helps too.
>>
File: 1486964622425.gif (997KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
1486964622425.gif
997KB, 500x475px
>>2877307

>have anger issues, anxiety, and depression
>my disdain for how meaningless, trivial, and bland real life is constantly powers my art and creativity

it's pretty great
>>
>>2877367
Illness is an experience, one that can be a stronger influence on people's lives and personality than any other.
>>
>>2885397

Not a joke, Psilocybe Mushrooms have been found to permanently alter the brain, it increases the amount of neural connections leading to a brain that more capable of communicating between the different parts of itself. This leads to a significant increase in the personality trait of Openness, which is correlated with creativity.
>>
Come on op its 4chan, only mentally ill persons are allowed here
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.