[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could anyone advice me on decent monitors for digital painting?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: dell-feat.jpg (26KB, 620x325px) Image search: [Google]
dell-feat.jpg
26KB, 620x325px
Could anyone advice me on decent monitors for digital painting? My local shop only offers me -

Dell UltraSharp UP2716D and
Dell UltraSharp UP2715K
which seen to me like the best two I could choose (leaning towards the 16D price wise).

But I believe I could also order one from Amazon.

Which monitors do you use? What an advice could you offer me regarding specs I should pay attention to?

Do Cintiqs offer a good alternative to a high end monitor? Should I invest in one instead? (for example, the mobilestudio pro 16 seems pretty nice, and I could afford it.)
>>
Just make sure they're IPS and get a color calibrator, especially if you're looking to print.
>>
>>2876141
I can absolutley recommend the mobile studio 16
It has ips and rgb 96%

Haven't used a color calibrator yet
Is spyder pro a good choice?
>>
>>2876141

i madea thread just like this a few months ago and was directed at some LG alternative to the ultrasharp U2715H (which is what I was also considering initially). In the end I browsed a fuckton of reviews and felt like the LG was better and cheaper. But I forgot which model it was lol.

>>2876166
which color calibrator do you recommend? the spyder has very mixed reviews (and I always suspect atleast half of positive reviews to be bought).
>>
If you're not printing your work the 10-bit / aRGB monitors are just a big waste of money tbqh, and if you really need a pro monitor and have $1000+ you'd be better off buying a NEC instead.

The extra resolution in the 5k monitor can be nice, but desktop scaling may be an issue with some apps. Keep in mind you'll need a GPU with 2x displayport. For the MSRP of the thing you could be buying 3 27" 100% sRGB 4k monitors and an i1 Display Pro, and still have money left.
>>
>>2876220
Think you could find what LG was it?
And in your opinion, is the 15H worths it more than the 16D? Some guy on the internet says the 16D has better colors.
>>
Any way to fix tablet colors with some software? The colors in my tablet are more saturated and just different than my other monitor. Like very light blue looks like green on my tablet. Any not obvious advice?
>>
>>2876327
No, you need hardware for objectively correct colors that match your ambient light.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.