[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I doing wrong with buying pic related? Found the Wacom Bamboo

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Am I doing wrong with buying pic related? Found the Wacom Bamboo Fun for a cheap price. I noted that there are newer models and also the intuos with a higher sensitivity(?).
Apart from the buttons is there any significant difference between cheap bamboo and expensive intuos?
>>
>>2874948
I hope that's a medium size at least because the small bamboo requires drawing with a wrist only.
>>
>>2874955
It's the small one
>>
>>2874948
Gonna sound really sappy for a second, but the only real difference is what you do with the tablet. Yes some have more pressure sensitivity or a bigger and percise workspace than others, but the art that comes out of using any tablet comes from the effort you make with it.

Just buy the cheaper one.
>>
>>2874948
A small bamboo is worth about $50, but I doubt you got that price, so yes, you are definitely doing wrong.
If you have a tight budget, just get huion H610 or something, if your budget is even tighter, don't get a tablet just yet.
Any "S" sized tablets will do you more harm than good in the long run.
>>
never buy small size, it's just too small, I tested one in in shop and I can't imagine someone besides little kids can use it
go for medium size
>>
File: b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg (11KB, 600x313px) Image search: [Google]
b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg
11KB, 600x313px
>>2875957

I use the Wacom size 12.8 x 8.0 inches (32cm x 20cm).

I thought bigger would be better but I've struggled to set up a comfortable workspace for a tablet this large.
>>
>>2874948
If you don't know what is the gaphic tablet just buy the cheapest one you can get. Size is just a preference someone likes small, someone big etc.

With big there is a problem that it takes a lot of place from your desk vs small you can always use it because is lying down near by.

Remeber that you can always sell it if you don't like ;).

About the pressure sensitivity - everything with 512 pressure levels and above is enough to create good artwork.

Express keys ? most of the time you don't use it because the faster and better way is to use keyboard shortcut, a specialy when you are working with aplication more advanced than M$ Paint.
>>
>>2876225
Disagree with the size part. I bought a large (9x12) first and a 6x8 years later. The 6x8 was much better because it is the same size as a laptop so i could fit it in my backpack and draw anywhere. I ended up buying a small when the medium broke and found it to be much less effective. Some can draw with a small but medium is the minimum for most of the artists that i know.
>>
>>2876606
but like you said... for you... better was small ?
And medium is medium .... so it is between small and large = don't know what size is good for you = medium is something between.

Only when you use it for some time you can tell if you want bigger or smaller.
>>
>>2875957
I have a bamboo and it's perfect for my thinkpad because the screen is small. I brought it to school once to use with a mac and the size of the monitor threw me off because I couldn't line up my arm movements on the tablet and screen
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.