[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one come back from a month of not drawing? Did you have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

How does one come back from a month of not drawing? Did you have those moments and if so, how did you handle them?
>>
I sucked it up and drew knowing it would be complete shit, but I usually end up enjoying it in the end. It's not really hard to pick up drawing for me because I don't do much else. No games, no shows, no friends.
>>
Literally just put pencil to paper (or nib to tablet). That is the only way to get back into the routine - it may or should feel forced for the first couple days or perhaps weeks but it'll feel natural (again) soon enough.
>>
>>2874581
If I have long periods where I don't draw, I usually come back refreshed and with a much more keen eye for drawing. It's like I improve more by taking a break, then by forcing myself to draw when I'm burned out.

Vacations abroad also have the same effect, but greatly amplified.
>>
>>2874581
you just force yourself to draw for a solid few hours. might have to do that for a few days before you 'warm up' again.
>>
>>2874581
I just went two weeks without painting (because of system issues) and I got straight back in by finishing a piece I never got around to doing.
>>
>>2874581
Whatever you were doing last time, forget about. Pick up that book you've been meaning to read and start going through it, studying whatever it's about be it anatomy or color or whatever.

If you try doing the thing you were doing before it'll be shittier than it was. But if you try something new, it'll still be shitty but for a different reason. Because you're learning something new and trying something new. So instead of trying to catch up and re-learn, you're moving ahead and just learning.
>>
>>2874581
Last year I didn't draw from March - November. To my surprise not only did I retain my previous skills but I actually got a little better somehow
>>
I used that have that all the time, then I decided, just before the turn of the year, that I would draw every day and never skip again.

So far so good, I haven't skipped a day for the last ~60 days.
Still doesn't say much since I'm still an ultra-noob, but I want to keep this pace going.
I have nothing else to do in my free time so I'd really hate myself if I can't even get myself to hold a pencil against a flat surface.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.