[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dell canvas coming soon Please for the love of all that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: canvas-2.jpg (187KB, 864x573px) Image search: [Google]
canvas-2.jpg
187KB, 864x573px
>dell canvas coming soon

Please for the love of all that is holy don't let this be a piece of shit. I am so tired of wacom's anti-consumer practices (shit customer service, need USB-C to use the new cintiqs, elitist brand image)

All I want is for this to not be shit and give wacom a run for their money
>>
>>2873502
>needs usb c

How is that bad? They've actually used modern hardware this time
>>
>>2873523
it blocks off a massive amount of people who don't have one (aka PC users). It's not consumer friendly and the current USB-C converters are very expensive and many are reported to not work at all with the new cintiqs.

not offering the ability to use hdmi or a normal displayport is pretty fucked.
>>
>>2873502
>shit customer service, need USB-C to use the new cintiqs, elitist brand image
Don't forget the nibs and holding the rights to the very concept of an unpowered stylus.
>>
>>2873502
what is usb c, im using my 27qhd on a pc with no problems?
>>
>>2873502
>need USB-C to use the new cintiqs
What model are you talking about? According to the Wacom site the new 13" and 16" can be used with the included adapter that takes mini-DP and USB. As for excluding HDMI, I imagine it has to do with the 4k resolution in the 16" model and whatever larger sizes are going to come next. People in older systems still in HDMI 1.4 spec would be stuck at 30 Hz.

I hate to defend Wacom, but including type-C is a good thing - it's been in motherboards since the z170 chipset came out. I'd rather have a device that'll work in the future without me needing to plug in 3 different cables and an adapter. The 13hd already felt outdated when it came out, at least these are running on current tech.
>>
>>2873565
the new pro models. amazon reviews spell a different story
>>
>>2873566
The ones from people trying to use HDMI adapters? I don't see why a simple DP to mini-DP (not the other way around) cable wouldn't work. They're not all that common but they're inexpensive.
>>
>>2873533
>holding the rights to the very concept of an unpowered stylus.

How many times does this have to be debunked, anyways?
>>
>>2873531
If you can afford a cintiq you can afford upgrading your pc. Usb c on everything will pay off in the long term just like when usb v1.0 was new and people were using these crappy serial ports on everything
>>
I hope so too. Wacom needs competition already, prices need to lower drastically.

>>2873695
>"upgrading" your pc
>implying mobo change is as simple as any other change
>all to add a damn port

Anon please. Its' not worth it, you're essentially buying a new PC for a port, and that that point it's better to get a Companion. Anyone thinking about getting a regular Cintiq should just use the HD versions (13/22/24 etc)
>>
>>2873695
i have a laptop and a gaming pc build, and neither have usb-c ports. laptop obviously isn't an option and my mobo was chosen for my build for a specific reason. changing a perfectly good mobo out or replacing a perfectly good laptop just because wacom is anti-consumer is bad advice.

i'll do the logical thing and take my money elsewhere.
>>
>>2873502
wacom is totally fine, you just suck at art.
>>
>>2873710
>>2873723
I agree with the other anon to get the hd if you dont want to upgrade your pc, but if you are due for an upgrade then it is a good choice because usb c is here to stay
>>
>>2873710
>>2873727
Ever heard of adapters, dummies
>>
>>2873730
been multiple reports of them causing issues with the new cintiqs, dummy.

>>2873727
>1080p
oh joy

the only reason i wanted to 16 pro was because of higher resolution
>>
File: USB 3.1A+C(M1).jpg (96KB, 780x375px) Image search: [Google]
USB 3.1A+C(M1).jpg
96KB, 780x375px
>>2873710
>>
>>2873710
>and that that point it's better to get a Companion.
>buying an outdated POS is better than buying a Cintiq and upgrading your PC.
No, having a worse experience for the same amount of money isn't better.
Or, you know, instead of trying to use HDMI just buy a fucking displayport to mini-displayport cable.
>>
>>2873502
how much money do people waste just to paint a digital picture?

yea it's nice, but too far.
>>
>>2873743
This doesn't works. The displaymode needed from USB-C is not advertised or included in many cards.

People are already compiling a list of the few PC that can support the new Cintiqs.
>>
So uh, anyway, about that Dell Canvas...
>>
>>2874888
it's out in march. the current reviews really don't showcase actual experienced artists unbiased opinions outside of some shitty 10 min demo, so i will wait for reviews.
>>
>>2873828
>waste
one day you'll see the light, anon
>>
>>2873533
The Apple pencil is still objectively better than anything Wacom has come up with, so there's still some hope for a healthy competition.
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Cintiq Pro versions need both Mini DP AND USB-C pots to function, right? like the regular cintiqs need HDMI + USB

If so, Wacom's really pants-on-head retarded.
>>
>>2875112
No, type-C handles both video and data. If you're using mini-displayport you only need regular USB 2.0 for data.
>>
>>2874970
>Applelfags
You cant even use it with real applications so why bother lol

also new Cintiq has 0 latency or parallax, and you can actually see where the cursor is
>>
>>2873739
because 4K on a 15.6" display is practical
>>
File: 1487848160283.jpg (114KB, 790x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487848160283.jpg
114KB, 790x720px
>>2873502
>Anything that isn't Wacom
how do you niggers deal with lag, latency, shitty glass surfaces that don't feel like paper, and no driver support in any relevant programs?
>>
>>2873502
Windows is coming out with a new tablet better than the surface pro too. Plus with all the chinese tablets on amazon, wacom is going to start figuring out pretty soon their monopoly reign on drawing tablets is coming to an end.
>>
File: 1399759323770.png (108KB, 286x356px) Image search: [Google]
1399759323770.png
108KB, 286x356px
I am happy because with new wacoms 13HD may actually get cheap enough for me to be able to afford it and I see faggots in this thread complaining about the fact that his new 218501275 dollar model requires a decent mother board or an adapter.
>>
>>2875160
I basically learned to draw on an HP TC1100 (tablet PC circa 2004 with a smooth glass surface) and later Upgraded to Wacom cintiq 21UX, which also has a smooth glass surface. I've been using the 21UX for ~9 years, no complaints at all. No idea why some people emphasize some mystical value in a surface that feels like paper, it doesn't objectively aid in anything.
>>
>>2875178
they feel like shit. Had a SP3 and it felt like smearing a crayon on glass. Didn't help that it was super slow and inaccurate
>>
>>2875134
This, and the fact that the apple pencil gives you no stylus buttons or eraser end.
>>
File: image-2.jpg (82KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
image-2.jpg
82KB, 960x640px
>>2873533
Also dont forget the fact you have to pay separately for physical buttons and an adjustable stand on the new Cintiq

>Minimalism is cancer
>>
>>2875160
>how do you niggers deal with lag, latency, shitty glass surfaces that don't feel like paper, and no driver support in any relevant programs?
>my $60 huion h610 has none of these issues
Really made me think
>>
Are they making full size versions of new cintiqs?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.