[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this sounds stupid, but when people say "just draw"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1484594434843.jpg (128KB, 567x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484594434843.jpg
128KB, 567x800px
I know this sounds stupid, but when people say "just draw" should I simply look at stuff and draw? I spend many hours reading materials on frameworks to identify proportions and other techniques and I feel very anxious that I won't be able to apply them, so I end up not drawing.

Should I forget these things for a while and just look at things and draw?

I know this sounds really stupid but it's a real block I have.
>>
For people like you, just draw is the best advice there is.
>>
>>2871957
people like me?
>>
>>2871966
>I spend many hours reading materials on frameworks to identify proportions and other techniques and I feel very anxious that I won't be able to apply them, so I end up not drawing.
People like you.
>>
>>2871956
If you're reading about drawing and not stopping to actually draw and put the ideas into practice, then you are wasting your time. It's like trying to get good at playing guitar without actually touching a guitar. Whut.
>>
>>2871956

What they mean is that you should be grinding fundamentals, starting with observation/proportion and sketching skills if you are a total newbie and moving into mastering perspective, from there move into lighting and rendering.

Don't just doodle around, know what you're practicing and why every time you draw. Once you get it, move into the next lesson.
>>
You can't apply all that theory to your drawing without practice. You really don't know how to do that yet, that's why you get anxious. So put the books down, follow the process of learning how to draw and actually do it. The sticky should help.

All the techniques, all the theories are for solving problems only when you get there. But get there first, or else all your speculating is useless.
>>
>>2871956
Yes just fucking draw. This is something /ic/ fucks beginners with. You need to be drawing and enjoy art in the first place before you bother with studies or concentrated practice. If you don't draw in the first place how the fuck do you expect to make it through suddenly grinding tedious fundimentals or allow yourself to make mistakes? Everything you draw right now is going to be a mistake, get over it and keep drawing. The sooner you get the mistakes out of the way the sooner you'll get to drawing something that isn't shit.
Ditch the books and just focus on drawing whatever you want, however you want for a few weeks at the very least.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.