[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's a given that we should draw every day, but some of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1487323791904.jpg (80KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
1487323791904.jpg
80KB, 500x353px
It's a given that we should draw every day, but some of us produce only a couple pages of sketches while others are speedpainting and creating pages after pages of work.

What's the volume of drawings and paintings you pump out a day?

My goal is to produce at least 5 pages on a sketchbook or speedpaints a day. Like how kodyboy produces tons of pictures every day, but with actual practice.
>>
Like a page a day. Maybe two, sometimes three.
>>
>after you make it
Even if that was true there is not enough water in my body
>>
I have other work to do, so only 2 paintings a day. And they suck.
>>
>>2871805
Don't get so autistic over quantities, be it amount of work produced or time spent practicing so many of you get so hung up on "how much have I done and how much more do I need to" that I'm doubtful any of you are really giving a shit about the quality of what you're making. If you're not paying attention to trying to get a better understanding of various techniques or styles with the things you're making, you're not going to improve, whether you're putting out one page a day or twenty

TL;DR who gives a shit about the amount you "pump out," what specifically have you worked on improving today you scrub
>>
>>2871818
>tfw haven't worked on improving today
>>
>>2871805
>speedpaints
i do slowpaints, i find them better for learning, and i do maybe 0.25-1 a day
>>
>>2871805

Anywhere from a page of doodles a day to nothing for a month. It's a side hobby and I'm usually busy doing something else.

I'm trying to improve my perspective at the moment.
>>
>>2871805

Speedpainting is a meme is you're a beginner according to Feng Zhu. It's better to spend 20 hours on a project where you challenge yourself, learn new things and find solutions to problems you don't know how to solve.
>>
>>2871854
Boy if I hear you mention Feng Zhu one more time...
>>
>>2871854
>20 hours on a project
>as a beginner

You just suck desu. If you're not a fucking Hudson River painter, you shouldn't be spending that much time on your shitty digital painting when you first start.
>>
>>2871871
Post your work, I bet you suck, that's why you haven't spent 20 hours on a project.
>>
>>2871869

Faaaaaang Súuuuu.....*spooky**spooky*
>>
I do at least 100 frames a day
>>
File: 20170222_112101.jpg (155KB, 1070x682px) Image search: [Google]
20170222_112101.jpg
155KB, 1070x682px
>>2871871

I do suck, I am a beginner. But the other day I spent 14 hours trying to construct a lighter from imagination with perfect detail that I didn't even finish, but I learned a lot of useful things that will stay with me forever, cause I put in a lot of effort into it.

I keep sucking ass, but I feel everyday I practice/learn construction techniques I get better desu. A lot faster than when I used to sketch randomly in my sketchbook without any goal or project in mind. To give you an idea of my level, this is an ant construction I tried to do yesterday.
>>
>>2871904
>actually able to do the construction
Gonna make it. Now do it in pen.
>>
>>2871906

Thanks desu, gonna finish my breakfast and get into it!
>>
File: 1487361019001.jpg (235KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
1487361019001.jpg
235KB, 1536x864px
At least one finished drawing a day
>>
Quality > quantity, but being good & prolific is achievable (e.g. Amundssen).
In short : dedication is the key, not wasting time posting here...
>>
>>2874358
>but being good & prolific is achievable (e.g. Amundssen).
Explain
>>
since im a beginner I only do a page a day but ill make sure i try to apply what every im studying while im drawing.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.