[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Figure out how the human body moves in perspective >Feels

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 3DFormRotation.png (474KB, 744x744px)
3DFormRotation.png
474KB, 744x744px
>Figure out how the human body moves in perspective
>Feels kind of pointless to continue to break it apart into boxes
>Don't know what to do next

Do I start practicing on surface muscles/anatomical forms?
I just want to get better at drawing from imagination, and it seems the best way to do that is to draw muscles/base forms and figure out dimensions, etc.

Does anybody know a good thing to study? I just remodeled the way I go about drawing.
>>
>>2869434
Loomis is pretty good for figure drawing.
>>
>>2869434
Also, is it best to now go ahead and start isolating body parts to understand them better?

That's what I'm going to do now, but I'm certain there's a good, fast way to go about it.
>>
>>2869435
I've already read his book on figure drawing for all it's worth, but I might head back to it to see if there's anything new in there.
>>
You break it down further into more accurate shapes that look more like the figure itself.

Once you're getting the forms into perspective down, look up reference models, construct them lightly, and draw what you see over your construction.
>>
>>2869472
Thanks for the much needed direction.
>>
>>2869474

May I ask what you are using in OP?
>>
>>2869441
if you read it then you would know to break down the body into more sophisticated shapes and planes

if op is your work you are still inaccurate with boxes
>>
>>2869475
Clip Studio Paint.

A friend got it for me.

>>2869478
The model is actually rotated from when I drew it since it's 3D software.
>>
>>2869478
There also might be incorrect boxes on that. That was prior to me realizing I just had to visualize a phone case in my mind and rip the vanishing points from it to get it accurately.
>>
File: 1485485353717.png (389KB, 1558x221px) Image search: [Google]
1485485353717.png
389KB, 1558x221px
just an fyi
>>
>>2869519
But I want to draw realistic people so I can draw good comic books.
>>
>>2869505
hard to tell you realy went town on that drawing
>>
>>2869434
In case the drawing in the pic is yours, OP.

You should learn to place the character in a 3-point perspective to gain a sense of scale and depth.
>>
>>2869523
That anon's approach does not exclude realism. The point of that post is that you shouldn't just study realistic people in a vacuum. Try to make those good comic books. And in the process, to make them good, you will be forced to draw realistic people. You'll use your imagination for what you can do, but if you need to, you'll need to get reference for human anatomy, perspective, color, composition, and do studies of those things. The important part is that this kind of studying is purposeful, not just grinding to "gain xp and level up" until you can just suddenly draw comics. That's just not how it works. Drawing comics is a skill of its own, studying figures and anatomy in a vacuum will not help you reach that nearly as well as... actually drawing comics. And, when you need it, using reference and study to make the current panel you're working on look exactly like you want it to.
>>
>>2869519
>drawing is 'x'

post his work
>>
>>2869802
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that pic is two point perspective
>>
>>2870515
you are correct. the horizontal lines should also be going to a singular point of their own. instead they are just parallel
>>
>>2869434
>step 1: get rid of shitty models like pic related, shes fucking ugly
>step 2: draw
>step 3: ???
?step 4:profit
>>
is it 3D model? source?
>>
File: human-machine-george-bridgman.jpg (41KB, 321x475px) Image search: [Google]
human-machine-george-bridgman.jpg
41KB, 321x475px
>>2869434
You need to go lighter in drawing. I'd also suggest checking out George Bridgman's work/books.

You should be able to find them for free if you're not interesting in buying them. The structure in Bridgman's work is very neat and tidy for what it is.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.