[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a Cintiq 13'' large enough for digital art ? Should

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: téléchargement.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
téléchargement.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
Is a Cintiq 13'' large enough for digital art ? Should I buy one right now or save money for a 22'' ?

I'm comfortable at painting with a regular tablet, but line drawing is hell. My lines are just horrible, I can't control them. So, that's the main reason I consider buying a Cintiq.
>>
If you cant get nice lines on a normal tablet you wont with a cintiq. Enable the line smoother instead
>>
>>2866515
a cintiq will make you be able to control your lines only up by 5%

meaning it'll make no difference
>>
>>2866526

thanks for the advice ! where is this line smoother ? In brush options ?
>>
>>2866515
If you want to draw smooth lines, either use a stabiliser if the program has it (I don't think photoshop has it), and use your shoulder instead of your wrist.

You should be able to draw horizontal and slightly diagonal lines fairly well with practice. Drawing smooth vertical or extreme diagonal lines is very difficult, it's not something you even do on paper - you'd rotate the page instead, something that can also be done in digital art, so do that instead.
>>
i am able to get a 13HD for 599

worth it? I only had a Intuos5 Touch.
>>
I re
>>2866515
You better practice in a bigger tablet. Cintiqs are not worth. The 13hd is too damn small and the 22hd is too damn expensive.
>>
>>2866515
Haven't had a 13" Cintiq, but had a Surface 3. In addition to being horrible to draw on, the screen was just too small for me. The 13" is slightly bigger, but not by much. Have tried a 22" Cintiq and it was much, much more comfy... but much, much more expensive too, obviously.
>>
>>2866515
I have a Cintiq 13" and an Intous 5 Large, I have to say it's too small the 13" but good enough if you don't have the budget for an larger one. I must say it's very useful if you do animation, if you only draw I think it's good enough an intous large. If you really want a cintiq, get a 22".
>>
>>2866549
>>2866606
>>
I just got one for Christmas. I like it, it's much better than my previous tablets. The larger version is best, if you can afford it, but the smaller 13" is fine, especially if you're on a budget/haven't used a cintiq before.

I started with a 22hd at school, so the 13 is a step down, but it's still better than none at all.

Line quality depends. If you have greater control when working traditionally, then this will help. I find it to be more precise, and there's less of a disconnect between you and what you're drawing, as opposed to a non-screen tablet.
>>
>>2866535
Photoshop doesn't have a line smoother option (i think?) anyways, i had troubles like yours too until i increased the tablet sensitivity (meaning i had to use less pressure) and slightly reduced the active screen size (virtually made the tablet slightly smaller)
>>
>>2866606
I have a Intuos medium.

What do
>>
>>2866537
Maybe I'm crazy but it's easier for me to draw vertical lines straight than horizontal.

Not that it matters since rotating the canvas in digital is super easy and quick.
>>
>>2866515
I've been using the 13 for 4 years and it was totally completely fine. Just recently I got a job and have been working on a 22 and the extra real-estate is very nice. And now the few times I go back to using my 13 it feels tiny. I never had a problem with it before and I don't have a problem with it now, but having gotten used to the bigger screen I do prefer it more. If you can afford it I'd go for the 22 but keep in mind the 13 won't hinder your art making in the slightest. The 22 just allows you to see more while working zoomed in.
>>
>>2866549
Yes absolutely.
>>
>>2866570
They're objectively the best tablets on the market. This isn't even up for debate. Sure they're expensive but if you're planning on spending upwards of 1000 dollars for a tool, either a wacom or whatever, you've clearly got an income and spending another 1000 for the perfect tablet isn't going to ruin your life.

Complaining about the price of a cintiq and then buying a cheaper alternative is the worse option in the long run.
>>
>>2866515
you could always look into getting a used 21ux
>>
>>2867350
Ordered mine a few days ago for $600.
Basically hasn't been touched and it feels good to make the jump to the cintiq after regular tablets.
>>
I have a cintiq 13 and its a wonderfull tablet I love it, but it wont make your lines any smoother. It will maybe by a small margin going on solely the fact that you draw where you look (altho a lot of people don't consider this a bonus). So I suggest you look into a stabilizer maybe or do excercises and actively control your lines. LazyNezumiPro is a PS addon for that sort of stuff. It ahs a lot of functions and after my trial ended it still works but only the most basic smoothing function. So maybe try it out. I simply deinstalled it cuz it felt really awkward to use and I'd rather train myself to make nice lineart.
If this is the only reason you want a cintiq then don't buy it, try out lazy nezumi or better yet actively train yourself to get better at your lines
>>
>>2866917
If you try it with a ruler you will see the proof that you're not crazy. There is not a single tablet on the market right now that can draw a straight line diagonally without wiggling, although some of the more recent cintiqs can get pretty close.
>>
>>2866515
Just save up for the power house version, take it from me, I had 3 of them and the cables always got in the way, one of them fried because the clip on stay inside and actually started melting.
>>
Use Lazy Nezumi Pro for photoshop, it'll make your lines not shit
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.