[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to start college to study engineering. I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: images.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 225x225px
I'm going to start college to study engineering.
I'm going to have some free hours where I have nothing to do.

What would be my best shot to improve?
Just do background drawings, life drawings?

I'm not a begginer, simply an amateur who enjoyed some years ago to draw.

Any advice to doing life studies?

What's the purpose of such studies (a little confused over why I should do them)?

How do I practice gesture and movement?

How do I learn to render textures?

So new on all of this, I've only done drawings from imagination.
>>
>>2866325
Read the fucking sticky
>>
>>2866325
STEMbro here.

>I'm going to have some free hours where I have nothing to do.

Don't worry about it, you won't have any free time.
>>
>>2866325
> studying engineering
> free time

Oh boy. You're in for a nice ride son.
>>
>>2866331
>>2866496
>tfw failing stem cause I'm focusing on art
Your gonna have to make a choice OP :(
>>
>>2866520
>tfw same and have doubts every single day
At least I can draw competently now and it's a viable option unlike a while ago.
>>
>>2866325
So you too eh? Yeah, I'm a stem major who's now in his 6th yr of college because he keeps thinking about what if art.

>I'm not a begginer, simply an amateur who enjoyed some years ago to draw.
>What's the purpose of such studies (a little confused over why I should do them)?

If you're asking that question, then you are a beginner. It will be best for you to think in that way, so that you can focus on starting over and getting a formal understanding of the fundamentals of drawing.

Also, even if you don't see a point in drawing anymore, such as: it's not your major, it's not going to be your profession, it's not going to make you rich, it's not gonna get you laid, and so on. Just draw anyway for the sake of it. If you have an interest, you should just explore it for its own sake.

>What's the purpose of such studies (a little confused over why I should do them)?
To learn how to draw light, perspective, form, etc. If you ever want to be a decent artist, especially one that can draw from imagination, you need to master drawing from real life first.

>How do I practice gesture and movement?
>How do I learn to render textures?

All of that is explained in the sticky. Read it. Have the mindset of starting at the beginning. See where you need work, and see which parts you can move on from. Then you're in the drawing grind just like the rest of us.
>>
>>2866331
I'm doing EE/ECE and I have fuckloads of free time.

Only classes I really have to study for are calc and circuits.

Main problem is I keep shitposting here and not actually drawing.
>>
>>2866932

I've never heard of an electrical engineering student who has free time. That's like a unicorn or something.
>>
File: hacktheplanet.jpg (125KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
hacktheplanet.jpg
125KB, 960x960px
>>2867187
I just do hard stuff in the summer, summer classes are easier and you only have to focus on one class at a time.

Also, I tested out of a bunch of classes.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.