[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>work in a place unrelated to art >boss/coworkers ask you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: 1455591307897.png (396KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
1455591307897.png
396KB, 1200x750px
>work in a place unrelated to art
>boss/coworkers ask you to make drawings for work related stuff

how do you react?
>>
>>2865539
n-no thanks i have work to do
>>
File: blaise it faggot.jpg (72KB, 697x614px) Image search: [Google]
blaise it faggot.jpg
72KB, 697x614px
"What's your budget?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWXYoD7wfOs
>>
>>2865539
What kind of "drawings"?

>inb4 it's going to be done for free
>>
>>2865546
I do research in a biology lab. the most common things are logos and banners for events, scientific posters or visual explanations for experimental design or results. I think it's more of a /gd/ kind of work.

>>2865543
they will be extremely offended if I say it like that. My success depends on my good relationship with those people.
>>
>makes cute smiley caricature of himself
>acts all grumpy in his vids
>>
>>2865539
I give them my rates.
>>
>>2865563
Explain to them in a kind way that it takes hours and hours of work to get a good design out and you just don't have the time to help them out. Also do you do /gd/ stuff or have they just seen you doodle figures and portraits? If you don't do /gd/ then just tell them that you do a different type of art and don't really know how to make a proper logo.
>>
File: 1487210280818.jpg (188KB, 1433x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1487210280818.jpg
188KB, 1433x1077px
>>2865563
>I do research in a biology lab
What's your job, science boi

[Spoliers] also do you like your job or would you have prefered to do art? I'm asking because I'm about to study bio informatics and I really don't know of I should do it or go into art instead [they dont work]
>>
File: what the f-ck.gif (818KB, 255x231px) Image search: [Google]
what the f-ck.gif
818KB, 255x231px
>>2865563
>they will be extremely offended if I say it like that. My success depends on my good relationship with those people.

Good god. No one said you have to be an asshole about it. You shouldn't even entertain the idea of doing anything work related for free. Showing your coworkers that you draw is just as bad as telling them you fix computers or anything like that. You have absolutely nothing to gain by doing so and everything to lose. That said, don't be a bitch, bro. You should absolutely be able to tell people you don't want to do something (which, coming here you've already admitted as much) without them getting pissy about it. What a bunch of entitled pieces of shit.

How about you tell them to take their myopic numale asses out to the parking lot and help you wash your fucking car and see how they respond to having their fucking personal time volunteered on someone else's behalf.
>>
>>2865600
I do both things. what is funny is that they only saw my doodles and assumed I do graphic design stuff too.

>>2865611
I think I would be having more fun being an artist full time, but doing research is simply my main objective and there is no other way around it. they are completely different worlds with completely different kinds of people. your artistic creativity will be very important in that field. also you will be surrounded by plebs who will think you are an art god even if you suck dick.

>bio informatics
you are in for a ride. but there is a big demand on this job.

>>2865617
>>2865600
one of them is a really hot qt though
and I just can't hold myself from showing off. that's what I get I guess. I think they assume this is something I can do in 10 minutes and I never charged for it. we'll see.
>>
File: 1487247560265.jpg (19KB, 253x296px) Image search: [Google]
1487247560265.jpg
19KB, 253x296px
>>2865563
>logos and banners for events, scientific posters or visual explanations for experimental design
>drawings
>>
File: idk lol.gif (429KB, 206x196px) Image search: [Google]
idk lol.gif
429KB, 206x196px
>>2865810
>I think they assume this is something I can do in 10 minutes and I never charged for it

Then uh...correct them? and uh...stop?
>>
>>2865539
Fuck you pay me.

i honestly wouldn't it unless i can do it instead of work. but im not doing it on my free time i rather work on my own shit.
>>
>>2865539
>Sure, but it'll cost you. I'm not working extra for free.
>>
>>2865868
dont have to be sucha dick about it.
guys stop projecting on these people, maybe they actually expect to pay you their actual full budget and just want to hire someone they work with instead of some shithead stoner. Have you thought of that?
>>
>>2865617

Well said. Fuck people who expect handouts.
>>
>tfw I don't want ppl to know I draw until I I am not happy enough with my own drawings to show (they are shit)
>tfw at my non-art job, which I work at because money, my father is my boss and tells everybody I draw (he might find it cool, but I am not good enough yet to be actually cool)
>tfw I don't want to be a brick towards him since I got this job because of him, but everybody ask me for business logos, if they are from other companies we work with, or architectural drawings, if they are clients (I work at a small shop for construction materials)

he just keeps telling everybody that I draw, and I am put in the situation of choosing between showing my shit drawings, or saying ''no'' after my father praised me to somebody, or lose a month of free time of studying fundamentals for doing some shit logos (because I am shit) which I will not be happy with, and end up seeing them everyday on the papers from said companies (my work involves doing the goods reception and what not)
>>
File: 883685.jpg (79KB, 280x356px) Image search: [Google]
883685.jpg
79KB, 280x356px
Try to do it. Next episode is Funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGq-2gY81os
>>
>>2865539
>hold on, let me look at my job description if there's anything about drawing for free
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.