[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How well do you think the Frank Reilly method works for learning

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

How well do you think the Frank Reilly method works for learning about the structure of the face and body? I'm looking to practice creating structure in my figures and I want to know if it's a good way to doing so.
>>
>>2865171
Try it out and see for yourself. Personally I found using it helped me a fair bit, though I have since stopped using it. Most people actually use a combination of methods/their own method. So try out Reilly, Loomis, Hampton, Hogarth, Kevin Chen, Bridgman, Asaro, Vilppu etc and see what works for you, taking bits and pieces of each. This way you will have an approach and understanding that is more well rounded and personal to you, and it reduces the likelihood of approaching it in a single formulaic manner.
>>
>>2865171
It helped me out a lot. Probably more than Loomis.
But a friend who's way better than I at faces says to be cautious when using Reilly, and that it's best applied when drawing from a photo and not when constructing a face from imagination.
>>
>>2865171
How can I study his method ? Is there some books or videos he made ?
>>
>>2865173
>it reduces the likelihood of approaching it in a single formulaic manner
Is that a bad thing?
>>
File: Capture3.png (167KB, 370x776px) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.png
167KB, 370x776px
I like it for figure drawing, it's like a combination of gesture/construction
>>
>>2866074
What book is that
>>
>>2866037
Ditto, you can spot someone who overtly uses loomis or reilly in their life and imagination drawings

It's best to use the reilly rhythms in observation of a form irl.
The reilly method is sort of a training to be able to see rhythms everywhere
no matter what subject, figure, landscape etc.
>>
>>2866064
Yes, I think any formulaic approach is dangerous. It leads to stagnation and the same result each time, regardless of how suitable it is as a solution for the problem at hand.
>>
File: Capture4.png (523KB, 620x805px) Image search: [Google]
Capture4.png
523KB, 620x805px
>>2866383
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.