[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot but the how to draw by

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot but the how to draw by Scott Robertson is ridiculously difficult to understand for me. I've been rereading it to grasp what's being presented but I feel so dumb.
>>
That's because you are dumb, why are you reading instead of drawing?
>>
>>2862791
Read a section or a page of that section. Draw what he drew. Try to reapply what he drew in different ways. Repeat until you grasp the lesson.
>>
>>2862804
This, the whole thing isn't supposed to be consumed in one sitting. Read each concept he describes and practice it until you get it, then move on. It sounds like an unneccesary pain, but you'd spend more time going back and trying to figure out what you missed if you rush it
>>
>>2862791
you might also want to start with some more basic perspective books, scott heavily summarizes some very important details in his first chapter, it's accurate, but not helpful for a complete beginner
>>
>>2862791
Try his gnomon videos. Might be easier if you see the mechanics in action
>>
>>2862791
It's not your fault buddy, goes from very basic to very advanced very quickly. One minute it's 1 point perspective, the next it's mirroring tilted and rotated planes and yadda yadda yadda. It gets jagony fast.

If you haven't, read Perspective Made Easy first. Do the exercises in that book, and just get comfortable with drawing with perspective in general.

After that, I really recommend the Gary Meyer Gnomon workshop DVDs, covering 1, 2, and 3 point perspective and various tricks and concepts a little more in depth. Erik Olson's lectures are also good but they useful depending on how much you already understand. All of these things can be found on CGPeers, if you read this right now there should still be a little more time left to sign up.

How To Draw isn't a workbook or guidebook, it's a reference book. If you need to do something really technical it's a good reference, but it's not a book to pick up and learn how to draw as you go through it. Personally I don't care for Scott's way of demonstrating / teaching, and consider How To Draw to be frankly pretty overhyped, in no small part thanks to ConceptArt.org's group-think mentality but that's a story for a different time.
>>
put it back on the shelve, study freely for another year, then try again.
>>
>>2862791
It gets recommended to beginners by faggots who already know perspective and have come to underestimate the difficulty of grasping it initally. Try Erik Olsen's course and that book will be easy peasy
>>
>>2862791
https://youtu.be/pQOFp1X7VDI
>>
File: stop_that.jpg (55KB, 546x564px) Image search: [Google]
stop_that.jpg
55KB, 546x564px
If you find erik olson's course too slow(which I did), I recommend you try watching vandruff. He misses out on some concepts like cone of vision, but it was enough for me to start getting what scott's book was about.
>>
>>2863000
>no small part thanks to ConceptArt.org's group-think mentality but that's a story for a different time.

Oh no you don't! You've come this far anon. We must know.
>>
>>2863320
This is the only valid answer in this thread. But you have to not be a little bitch and take notes in his class. Prepare for 90+ hours of hell but after it you will see gains gains gains.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.