[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I decided to properly understand anatomy so I am going to trace

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

I decided to properly understand anatomy so I am going to trace the muscles over photos of models etc. I am looking for good anatomy refferences with all the muscles and joints visible. I had a good anatomybook a long time ago but this shitkid stole it to masturbate to it... since then I haven't found anything with the same quality. Can anyone help with a link to a page or with images they themselves use?
The picture I included is sort of what I'm looking for.
>>
>>2860689
>properly understand anatomy
If youre trying to go hardcore with anatomy, maybe check out a anatomy/physiology book; or medical books on the body.

If youre just trying to git gud at anatomy then do (the same repeated names throughout ic) Loomis, Hampton, Bridgeman, Vilppu, and franzetta

you try asking the book thread for some anatomy books?
>>
>>2860720
Yeah I am trying to master anatomy like how the old painters did. Basically git gud yeah. For now I have the time on my hands. Unfortunately the internet is full of self proclaimed experts and I find that many of the pictures on google have faults in them. Also am tired of anatomybooks full of 60 min sketches with half assed representations of the underlying anatomy. I will do that and thank you very much for your reply.
>>
>>2860762
Sorry I didn't mean git gud. I want to be able to own that shit y'know?
>>
>>2860762
Old painters just went out and looked at life though
>>
>>2860689
check out Artistic Anatomy by Paul Richer. Also look up Robert Beverly Hale
>>
>>2860768
Yeah and some also had carcases to open up and examine. Unfortunately due to my location I can't go to a figure class so that's also out of the question. I'll definately upload different correct anatomy charts for free myself once I get the hang of it. That's my plan basically. This info should be easier to find imo.
>>
>>2860781
I will. Thank you.
>>
>>2860689
But do you understand forms? Like, can you draw in 3D on paper/tablet? Because anatomy wont make much sense.
>>
>>2860689
Eliot Goldfinger's anatomy book is one of the best for building muscles and insertions from the inside out.
>>
File: 51mZtLjh1zL.jpg (48KB, 383x500px) Image search: [Google]
51mZtLjh1zL.jpg
48KB, 383x500px
this book isn't geared towards artists, but it has lots of drawings and explains a bit of physiology.
>>
I don't know if this will help OP, but I got a decent understanding of muscular anatomy through bodybuidling. I was a vain dick bag in high school but the knowledge stuck with me. Working the muscles yourself helps you feel more where they are and how they connect. This is just speculation, but it might help, idk.
>>
>>2861365
>trying to get me to get /fit/
N-no thanks.
>>
>>2860689
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdFi-NEDU0HcJLwxK7Jn4kbvx-BUEDwPb

This whole playlist is absolutely incredible
>>
>>2860689
You can buy/download books, atlas of anatomy from netter is a good one, you can download books at booksmedicos
>>
>>2861367
Mens sana in corpore sano...
>>
>>2861353

It isn't made for artists correct, but it is made by an artist who has a great understanding of anatomy. He is both the illustrator and author. Probably one of the best books for artistic anatomy in my opinion even if it wasn't the intention
>>
>>2861552
>>
File: body_worlds_1.jpg (29KB, 440x430px) Image search: [Google]
body_worlds_1.jpg
29KB, 440x430px
Look up "Body Worlds" in google images. all are real plasticized bodies, sans skin. super useful, in my opinion.
>>
File: WP_20161203_01_43_57_Pro.jpg (383KB, 920x1632px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161203_01_43_57_Pro.jpg
383KB, 920x1632px
>>2860689
Hogarth's books?
>>
Ok thanks a lot everyone. I will get back to studying now. Good luck to you all :)
>>
>>2861781
Sorry for spamming but I just want to say that you guys are the best. I feel that only through the names and links you have given I have enough information to seriously continue my pursuit of mastering the human body. I will make it up to you somehow. And yes I have a very good understanding of form etc. I'll post a thread later on with tracing of anatomy etc that people might find usefull.
>>
>>2860689
Scott Eaton on cgpeers, it's lectures but there's a lot of pics also
>>
>>2860720
It's not just about "mastering" anatomy, anon. It's getting a better understanding of form. That also includes light & shadow, in addition to the shape of the body.

Knowing the muscles help a lot more, but it's about taking that information further and practically apply it to your art.
>>
>>2862707
also check out Anatomy for Sculptors" by Uldis Zarins for a practical and insightful anatomy book here: >>2856758
>>
>>2861764
euch i hate the way hogarth draws
>>
>>2861353
I also recommend this one. There was some artist that I can't remember the name of that used this book and really pushed us to use it when he was telling us his story on how he gained so much progress over around 2 years or so. His progress pic is in the imgur link: http://imgur.com/a/BiUvD

If you're here, thanks for the recommendation. I still haven't truly doubled down on anatomy analysis like you mentioned. I really need to kick myself into gear.
>>
>>2862715
Yeah one of IC's heroes no doubt. Never understood their memes really.
>>
MedFag here

Good luck
>>
>>2860762
>>2860689
Fine art student. (hur dur nice waste of money)

Go into an anatomy department and sketch. Images of autopsy on google with show you bloody mess and give you no sense of proportions.
Anatomy drawing will also be bad, you cannot photograph bodies or "take them home." so these drawings are done by med students/artists on sight.
Go to an autopsy room and draw from life.
Alternatively, get a friend to sit for you topless and flex.
If you to lazy to do either use a mirror and get fit.
If your too lazy to do any of that give up and accept that your trying to learn this to show off not for any real gain. If you dont take it seriously its not worth your time.
x
>>
>>2863911
Post your work.
>>
>>2862707
Also as Anon said,
I assume your trying to learn anatomy and can already draw.
If not, learn to draw.
As Mapplethorpe said
"My whole point is to transcend the subject.{}...Go beyond the subject somehow, so that the composition, the lighting, all around, reaches a certain point of perfection. That's what I'm doing. Whether it's a cock or a flower, I'm looking at it in the same way. {}...in my own way, with my own eyes. It's different from other people's."
Learn to observe and learn to express this.
If you take a real interest in anatomy you should already be looking for workshops.
>>
>>2863912
Pay me
>>
>>2863914
How do you learn to draw?
>>
File: coffee.jpg (120KB, 546x540px) Image search: [Google]
coffee.jpg
120KB, 546x540px
>>2863912
>>
>>2863922
Drawing is understating and showing your working.
First learn to use your materials and look at masters, how they use them. As most have there little quirks to create illusion.
Secondly learn the nature of sight, obsurve light, colour, form, distance.Think in planes and about shadows.
Lastly learn the object, learn how reflective it is, transparent, how hard its edges are, its form.

All of this can be done purley by looking, but books can speed up the process and trigger thoughts. I suggest doing a bit of reading before drawing and visit a few museums to look at the art. (or online if you must)
>>
>>2862707
So much this.
It's just mass that looks like a muscle.
Knowing what the muscle looks like is one thing, but if you can't draw form, your drawings will always come out flat.
>>
>>2863928
New epic meme.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.