[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>trying to git gud at drawing >want to draw in 3 point

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1486861995644.jpg (344KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1486861995644.jpg
344KB, 633x758px
>trying to git gud at drawing
>want to draw in 3 point perspective, want to not get into tumblr tier stylization shit and just get into hardcore tech
>all references and things you see are in different styles of perspective
>can't start because I don't have objective foundations
>>
So then get objective foundations
>>
>>2860333
But all camera lenses and human vision are DIFFERENT.

I need some tool to measure degrees...
>>
>>2860336
You're thinking too much of it.
Just start simple.
This video explains a bit about 3 point https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwcldMKlzjg
>>
>>2860340
Well, i'd like to revisit and practice it a lot. Looking at most portrait artists it's plain to see that very advanced perspective isn't being utilized.
>>
>>2860353
Because computers will always beat humans at it. There are things more important than extreme perspective.
>>
>>2860357
I'm not looking to be an engineer. I'm looking to express ideas.

I'm sure you could establish really cool shots with 3d software but building a detailed world with meshes with the intentions of expressing a narrative would take much longer than drawing, although drawing it could take forever...
>>
>>2860336
Then learn about camera lenses. there's only 2 basic types wide angle and long distance. it's easy to think about

A wide angle lens is like when youre up close to something big and try to see it all at once, imagine standing beside a jumbo jet and seeing it all.

Then there's a long distance lens, imagine youre on a rooftop miles away with a telescope all zoomed in on the airplane, everything looks all isometric, like habbo hotel.
>>
>>2860364
You can just do both. The overwhelming majority of environment artists use 3D at some stage.

Paint when it's faster to paint.
Use 3D when it's faster to use 3D.
>>
>>2860332
Perspective is really easy Anon, what is it you're having trouble with?
>>
>>2860552
I wanna do it PERFECTLY
>>
>>2860332
>>all references and things you see are in different styles of perspective
No such thing. Perspective is perspective. It's either right, a close enough approximation, or wrong.

Go through Perspective Made Easy, paying attention to station points and cone of vision. Robertson's How To Draw covers a bit more about perspective.

Framing your canvas within a 60 degree cone of vision will generally look normal. A larger angle will start to show perspective distortions like you are in a wide angle lens. A smaller angle will minimize perspective distortions and simulate a long lens.

Understand that the location of the station point and any of your horizontal vanishing points is not arbitrary.

The most important concept is that parallel lines that aren't orthogonal to your line of vision must converge.
>>
Get How toDraw by Scott Robertson and practice. It's hard but pays off.
>>
>>2861363
I've never seen a single person go through Scott's book.
>>
>>2860332
Read Perspective Made Easy, it explains it all. Off you go
>>
>>2861364

It's because you aren't seeing other people.
>>
>>2861364
Neither have I, but I did manage to go through half of it and it taught me loads when it comes to perspective.
>>
>>2860332
If you're gonna go autistic about perspective then you might as well go all the way.
https://www.handprint.com/HP/WCL/perspect4.html
>>
>>2861941
Don't ever read this.

Kim Jung Gi never studied any vanishing points or projecting lines. These will just get in your way.
>>
>>2862170
This. Just look at the world around you and study that, perspective ain't that hard as long as you're not shooting for autistic computer-like accuracy. More rules just tie you down
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.