[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Have decided against committing a large chunk of my time

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1485015508193.jpg (135KB, 1268x884px) Image search: [Google]
1485015508193.jpg
135KB, 1268x884px
>Have decided against committing a large chunk of my time to drawing
>Going to pick-up computer programming so I can have a good skill that will actually land me a good job
>Going to relegate my art to a 1 hour stint per day, but programming will now take up 2 hours of my free-time

It's a wonderful feeling to see a marked progression in your work, but I know i'll never be able to do this for a living no matter how far I progress. The industrial society we live in has cranked the dial to the absurd. People will always treat pretty pictures like pictures and nothing more. Normies can't really appreciate the complexity and skill an artist's mind operates at to deliver them a unique visual experience.

Who else feels the same way?
>>
>>2856359
>he thinks 2 hours of programming is enough
I had a good laugh.
Not.
Gonna.
Make.
It.
Ever.
In fact, I hope you crash and burn just so you learn from your mistakes. Crash and burn real hard.
>>
File: 1486319524039.jpg (450KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486319524039.jpg
450KB, 1000x900px
>>
>>2856362
I haven't started learning programming yet.
I was intending to create poorly coded ideas and make some money off of them.

I was going to start with "Learn Python the hardway"
>>
>>2856359
Not gonna make it.
>>
everyone is going to programing, your better off drawing than to program for a job
>>
>>2856368
You'll never be a zuckerberg. But with art you have a chance to be someone special. Decide on if you want to be a blue collar monkey in a cubicle or drawing pictures for man children and horny teenagers. And remember:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9zsAhtJLWA
>>
>>2856389

I'm not a programmer, but I heard a lot that is a really awful job, that you need to have a lot of knowledges, no one respects you and the wage it's pretty low.
>>
>>2856398
Just like art
>>
>>2856400

>Just like art

You broke my heart, dear Anon.
>>
>>2856359
programming + art is a good combo
have fun
>>
>tfw doing both
>tfw gonna be mediocre at both
>>
>>2856359
I feel you OP. As my 21st birthday approached I realized I have dabble with many things but have mastered skills. I currently dedicate four hours a day to programming and two to music production, and I'm in LAS to at least draw somewhat a day.

I feel like it's too much but don't want to give up on trying to master any of those things. I also am really trying to work on my fitness and start dating. It feels overwhelming trying to pick up all this slack. I see artist romances on some sites and it's a bit disheartening because it'll take until I'm 30 to near their quality
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.