[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fell for the STEM meme >suck at it >started drawing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Loomis_amirite.jpg (44KB, 800x784px) Image search: [Google]
Loomis_amirite.jpg
44KB, 800x784px
>fell for the STEM meme
>suck at it
>started drawing not long ago
>really like it
>also suck at it

what do /ic/
>>
>>2854703
draw
>>
>>2854703
Invest in Ceru, mah nigga.
>>
Read the sticky
>>
why is every person on 4chan in STEM ?
>>
File: 1484284453711.jpg (25KB, 292x261px) Image search: [Google]
1484284453711.jpg
25KB, 292x261px
>do something half-heartedly without specialization or focus for a brief amount of time
>suck at it
HAWOW!
What major, fag wad? Please tell me you didn't drop out.
>>
>>2854719
Physics, didn't drop out though, not planning to within a year of graduating
>>
>>2854727
Good.
Keep drawing. Stop making b8.
>>2854716
Because it's a collection of degrees that amount to something besides being an entertaining dinner guest.
I've seen medical fags and lawyers too. 4chan's culture and format strongly favor someone who expects little from humans (themselves included) and is skeptical of established intellectual and ethical norms. These are traits that usually drive someone into looking at the world through a rigorous system of logic.
>>
Well, keep working on physics & draw on the side...
This way you get something that pays the bills AND you git gud during your free time!
That'll keep you away from the "poor artist willing to draw anything (from furry to loli) to mae ends meet" cliché.
>>
>>2854744
I'm surprised no one replied to this this
This is one of the most thought out and honest answers I've seen in a while
>8/10 I'm impressed
>>
>>2854703
Find yourself a decent paying job, probably something within your field, and study art in your spare time until you get good enough to change careers if that is what you want. Unless you come from a very wealthy family and have no financial responsibilities and you can devote all of your time to art in which case do that.
>>
>>2854703
What else do but continue to improve at what you actually give a shit about. Life is long, get yourself an alright job with your STEM meme shit while improving at your art more on the side. Don't worry about how long it takes to get good at your shit, if you spend all your time bitching and none working toward getting better you won't ever make it.
>>
>>2856037
>alright job
>STEM meme
>>
>>2856015
>lapping up bullshit because it feeds your ego
>>
>>2854703
Do your STEM
>>
>>2854744
really makes me think
>>
>>2854703

The part you should be concerned is sucking at things. Also when you gain degree of competence you usually aren't joyful about things anymore...until carrying through it and gaining even more competence so the things you do won't be as laborious as before and nice challenges and achievements will open to you.

I can guarantee you that anything you will do you will be excited with at the beginning, but somewhere a bit after that things will start to suck too.

Carry on with STEM, become professional, draw/paint as hobby.

t. Master degree in Mechatronics
>>
>>2856083

Also I am quite drunk and write from my mobile, so you can also disregard me.
>>
>>2856046
It doesn't feed anyone's ego. It's kinda the opposite. It's a naked fact about a collection of fields that people think you need to be really clever to even take a BS in. You don't. You just need to accept that human perception is heavily flawed, and that you need to use logic to do things that your brain is not designed to do by nature (though enjoying it is obviously helpful).
The Monty Hall problem is an example of the kind of thing I'm talking about.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.