[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've always had trouble with line art. I was never able

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: line.png (316KB, 1055x985px) Image search: [Google]
line.png
316KB, 1055x985px
I've always had trouble with line art. I was never able to confidently do strokes so they would just be hasty sketches and build up and clean after (arms), but it takes forever.

Any practices I can do to stop/improve this?

Also general critic would be appreciated.
>>
>>2852341

Draw with a pen.
>>
>>2852341
check out drawabox.com they have some good tutorials to get better with lineart
>>
>>2852406
true
>>
Draw with a pen and then apply what you learn through doing it with a pen to your digital work. Since ink is permanent compared to digital work you'll be more careful in your lines and get more used to doing short quick strokes. This is how I got better.

There's lots of good tutorials on doing lineart too.

Michaels has a lot of great lineart supplies. Mine got a ton in in October when they were helping promote inktober and now they carry them full time so there's lots of options.

Even just sharpies will work for practicing though.
>>
it seems like you're using your wrist rather than drawing the strokes with your shoulder, you get more control and a longer stroke when you do that.
>>
File: infectionIIwip.png (485KB, 468x655px) Image search: [Google]
infectionIIwip.png
485KB, 468x655px
>>2852341
id imagine its harder for digitfags, when you can't feel the texture and the resistance of the paper, but id recommend going few times over the whole line you wanna put down, and then just draw it when you feel conident with one stroke. helpful?
>>
traditional > digital
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.