[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watch andunny jodes dudorials on gubrode >realize that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 45678765.png (274KB, 455x455px) Image search: [Google]
45678765.png
274KB, 455x455px
>watch andunny jodes dudorials on gubrode
>realize that he actually knows his stuff, but can't talk about it b/c second nature.
>does what he can, references what he can't
>realize 99% of digital artists are the same way

How much does theory matter? The internet doesn't seem to be going away

why not just grind technique and copy every photo, artwork, and reference? technique, You can just google everything and have fresh references and visual data to ogle forever.

why even live.
>>
>>2852142
You can do that but then you'll eventually get called out for being a hack who can't draw anything that's not completely from reference
>>
>>2852142
because drawing from imagination is fun too, and doing one helps do the other, so there's no reason to only do 100% references all the time.
>>
>>2852158
>You can do that but then you'll eventually get called out

But why does that matter? isn't the final result the most important thing?

Suppose i do some cool imaginative artwork and i used a fuckton of references, why would how i did it even matter?

Is it not the quality of the artwork that determines the skill of the artist?
>>
>>2852180
/thread
>>
>>2852201
Ic is obsessed with work without reference as are other online artist communities. Clients and normie audiences don't give two shits, so it's up to you really. You could work with a ton of references all the time like Ruan Jia does, he said recently that without references his work would look like cave paintings.
Could always use whatever you can to gain work and audiences, and then work on your imaginative skills in your own time and slowly use them more in your other work.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.