[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's a good guide for formally measuring in 3-point perspective?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1473112309488.jpg (156KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
1473112309488.jpg
156KB, 500x680px
what's a good guide for formally measuring in 3-point perspective?

i want to know if there's any video lecture-type material where someone's going through the steps of setting up 3-point grids and using that compositionally.

something similar to erik olson's material on 1 and 2-point. it seems like he'll be putting out 3-point lectures eventually, but not for a while.

i read through most of handprint's guides, and while they were informative, the measurements of distance using trigonometry and all the other dense information give me a headache.
>>
>>2850364
>>2850380
THIS WHOLE THING WAS A SHILL SET-UP
>>
>>2850364
you're stupid question-answer double post shill engine is shit.

You talked the exact same in both of them and now your shit got deleted.

Fuck you. Measure my foot up your ass in three-point perspective.

Shill somewhere else >>2850380
>>2850364
>>
>>2850364
just a reminder kjg doesn't draw using perspective point
>>
>>2850364
>>2850380
Fucking lmao dude.

Ignoring the shill set-up for anyone that actually wants to know:
Basically learn how to make a perfect cube in 3 point perspective. (My favorite method is finding the diagonal vanishing points, it says how in handprint somewhere)
Then know how to find x distance on the ground plane (it says how to in handprint.... once again I don't remember where)
After you do that just divide, multiply and rotate the perfect cube to measure shit.
Of course that's time consuming as fuck but it works.
If you've really went through handprint you should be able to do that. Even just knowing the theory makes eye-balling shit way more accurate.
>>
>>2851304
You can find the diagonal vanishing point by finding the 45° angle between the two vanishing points (with the pivot at your station point) and marking it on the horizon line
>>
>>2851322
I know how to do it I just couldn't be fucked explaining it.
The problem with doing what you said for diagonal vanishing points other than the ones on the true horizon line is you need to find the station point for the other vanishing lines.
>>
I did all this autistic shit studying architecture including "worm's eye view" and the like, it completely left me as soon as we moved onto computer aided drawing
>>
>>2851750
>computer aided drawing
traditionalfag who never touched a tablet detected
>>
>>2851753

My Dad's an architect so I'm used to using his terms, if you'd prefer I could say Revit but I didn't think it'd hold much meaning to anons here
>>
>>2851750
So you learned by hand construction and everything and then completely forgot it?
>>
>>2851762

Yeah, I despised working in perspective and saw doing hundreds of sections and perspectives as pointless busywork when I could do it all with software and get any view I liked from anywhere in the building
>>
>>2851750
That's why you're supposed to take notes
>>
File: page36.jpg (154KB, 792x807px) Image search: [Google]
page36.jpg
154KB, 792x807px
it's almost like nobody reads loomis here
>>
>>2851768
fair enough
>>
>>2851768
>DUMBASS DOESN"T REALIZE WHAT HE'S DOING AND DOESN'T ACTUALLY LEARN ANYTHING
>NEWS AT 10
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.