[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To be honest, if I want to be some kind of art scholar both in

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: duvidas.jpg (11KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
duvidas.jpg
11KB, 240x228px
To be honest, if I want to be some kind of art scholar both in theory and practice, I need to go to college and universities or I can get around with "free courses" like Gnomon, FZD school, torrrents and libraries, youtube, etc..
>>
Both.
>>
Art degree is worthless on itself.
Art school will only be useful to you if you're not disciplined enough to learn by yourself or through online courses.
>>
>>2849561
>>2849664
Yes, art school is only for people who can't learn on their own. Also, there are literally a plethora of places independent of schools that can help you become a better artist.

It's not like your are learning how to make space age tech.
>>
>>2849664

I'm not that guy and personally I am a STEMfag, but I kinda don't understand it. I mean, sure, things like animation don't really require any degree, but if you are going fine arts route isn't art school more or less necessary?

I don't know any famous painter (including BeksiƄski) that didn't finish art school of some sort or at least architecture. Also doesn't art school have stuff you would normally not touch, like printing workshops, ceramics, sculpture etc.? Not to mention that huge part of being an artist is actually going to artist events, meeting with other artists, knowing what the community is living with nowadays, getting mentors, job through networking...

I mean sure, maybe for commercial artists it's a lot less important, but still I don't think there's (at least in my country) that big market for even commerical art and getting a job at a studio would be often a question of not only how good you are, but who recommends you.
>>
>>2849679
I want to add it's good for finding connections too. I've had SO many opportunities for collaborations, internships, etc just from the connections my school provides, and this is all just through emails the school puts out. That doesn't count the actual people you'll meet going here.

Plus you get a lot more feedback going to a school than you'll get online because everyone in class (usually) gets a crit on their pieces, while online people will usually pass you over if you're not either amazingly good already or beginner level (4chan is the best place i know of for getting feedback online and that's kind of sad to say honestly. and even here you get ignored sometimes unless you post in the wrong place).

Plus you get access to a lot of resources (Computers, printers, my school has a carpentry building, lot of shit you might never use but is always there as long as you're a student. My school's kinda shitty on the latter part so I'm confident i can come back and use some of the facilities even when I withdraw after this term lol cept the printers since they need a student id to use).

>I just got the longest fucking captcha chain of my life. God i fucking hate clicking these pics.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.