[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw no matter how skilled I get I'll never make anything

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Sad-FayFay.jpg (654KB, 972x779px) Image search: [Google]
Sad-FayFay.jpg
654KB, 972x779px
>Tfw no matter how skilled I get I'll never make anything meaningful that actually affects people.
Maybe that's what talent is?
>>
But but muh fundamentals...
>>
>>2848509

>making anything meaningful that actually affects people

1. You lucked out and made part of some movie/advertisment. Congratulations, you now made a piece that will be remembered for years - disregard that you only drew like 2 frames/concept art that maybe will be featured in "Art of X" (but probably not) and you are as important as 200 other people who did the assets in the background and hair on the 3D model of rabbit cop.

2. You are a hack YouTuber/meme teacher like Loomis/Vilppu/Watts and you branded yourself as super skilled fuck and other guys praise you and your skill because of 3 amazing FREE(tm) WIPs you made and which reached 50k views. Congratulations, you know influenced dozens of d/ic/ks into learning "good fundamentals" from you.

3. You actually worked your whole life as gallery painter, met with other artists like you, lone fucks with small families living boring life with no particular wealth. You are respected or mocked among your peers, but you have your name out there and critics have to write about someone and you have 3-4 spots in gallery here and there and sometimes sell a piece. Congratulations, rich fucks like your pretentious art and if you luck out, your wife will die out of cancer, your son will suicide and you will be murdered by your neighbor like BeksiƄski and people will make a cult following out of you, a movie and memesters and edgy fucks will repost 5 of your pieces that don't suck completely into oblivion.
>>
>>2848509
What do you define as meaningful anyway? Popularity? Unmatched technical skill?

In my opinion we should just try to focus on doing whatever is pleasing to ourselves, not others.
>>
>>2848509
You mistake art for design.

The majority of people on this board want to draw sexy girls and cool robots.
>>
>>2848509
Just take the position of practicality with aggression.

What are your small realistic goals for now, do you want to make people laugh, feel aroused, melancholy? Or just have them think. If you were able to make a viewer FEEL something then you've created successful artwork.
>>
>>2848509
How convenient you used a morty meme as a pic.
Nobody was born for a purpose, nobody belongs anywhere. Draw, and do it for the present moment.

In a hundred years, everyone alive today will be dead. In another hundred years, everything they've created or left behind will be lost or forgotten as well. In a thousand years, this planet might not even exist anymore and you're struggling with splattering a bit of paint that has a "meaning" to it. Fuck that.
Be happy. Have fun drawing. That's the only meaningful thing you can do.
>>
>>2849953
>fefe
>morty meme
jesus
>>
>>2849953
>Everyone alive will be dead in 100 years

Maybe, maybe not. If you can survive maybe another 40 years i think medical science will blow your balls off and regrow them back for you. People have lived for 100 years before in the past and it's no stretch of the imagination we'll have medicines that will extend our youth and life beyond that even by maybe 20 or 30 years.
>>
>>2850009
Is this /ic's newest excuse for not drawing?
>>
>>2850014
No i'm just pointing out the flaw in your "Noone will be alive in 100 years" comment. Regardless if you were talking drawing or trying to fuck hermit crabs.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.