[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here ever "attended" CGMA? Is it worth the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

Has anyone here ever "attended" CGMA? Is it worth the money? What instructor should I choose?
>>
>>2845102
I am.
>is it worth the money
You can ask the teacher directly questions. That's invaluable.
>what instructor should I choose
the ones who always have seats filled first
>>
File: cgmaisforcucks.png (9KB, 211x241px) Image search: [Google]
cgmaisforcucks.png
9KB, 211x241px
>>2845196
Bullshit and bullshit.
Peter han is popular but sure as hell isn't a good teacher. He's simply known for his "skills" but there's far better teachers in that subject.

Patrick Ballesteros is a better teacher and no one attends his classes. Also, lately CGMA has been hiring random youtube heroes. Only a matter of time till they hire Proko.

Is it worth the money?
Read up on the "highlight students" or whatever it's called on the main page. They all get asked why they join CGMA and it's usually because they lack discipline. There's no need to waste your money if you're aware of this site (ic) and go to cgpeers. Get involved in a group, there's actually some really good artists here who hang out in some of the discord groups.

Also, seeing the "students work" is just as bullshit. They'll display work that wasn't even taught in that class (like how dynamic sketching 1 has animals in the folder, yet they dont teach you how to draw animals and even Peter's lectures explain how you should avoid drawing animals for now). And it won't turn you into a beast of an artists. If you were shit week 1, you will be shit by week 8.

pic related, im a student.
>>
>>2845215
But if you are drawing on your own anyways then having a teacher critique your shit is useful right?

Or let's assume someone has an extra $1k/mo to throw at CGMA classes. I can't imagine it'd hurt to spend the money on those instead of art books. Professional critiques are probably the most valuable resources for learning--and an 8wk class typically hits about $700 which seems reasonable.

Is it that you don't like the critiques, or don't like the teachers?
>>
>>2845215
Sup tori, you would have never made it anyway.
>>
>>2845225
Don't listen to that idiot, having a teacher to correct your mistakes is gold. You get out what you put in.
>>
>>2845225
The critiques are not what you'd expect. They can' "grade" you or tell you how to improve. They simply see if you're doing the task correctly and nothing more. You're basically paying for the lectures, which if IIRC they've been uploaded on here.
>>
>>2845230
How can they grade you if you don't turn in homework, tori?
>>
>>2845234
I don't know the latest memes here, but if you're willing to waste money then go for it.
>>
File: 1486206039775.jpg (65KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1486206039775.jpg
65KB, 600x450px
>>2845237

It's not my fault you were either
A) born stupid
B) too old to learn (30+ year old)

You didn't put in the work. You blame the teacher for your lack of commitment and outcome of the class. If you were shit week 1 and you didn't make significant improvement the 2 months you put money down it's anyone's fault but yours. You can't just do what is required of you in the classroom and expect results. You got to push yourself and do 10 times that is required of you, work harder than all the cucks who paid for the class. You want to BE the guy featured in the student gallery.

Wanna know how you failed yourself? You didn't get featured. That's how I know you didn't put in the work.

And now you're on /ic/ complaining it's CGMAS fault. Nigga please, it's nice that you quit art though.
>>
File: 12313424123.png (235KB, 666x339px) Image search: [Google]
12313424123.png
235KB, 666x339px
>>2845244
>>
File: lmaoingatyourlife.gif (483KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
lmaoingatyourlife.gif
483KB, 320x240px
>>2845250
>>
>>2845229
Will the teachers critique related work like if you do extra exercises? Or is it class-only work?

They have tons of classes that look amazing like vis dev, storyboarding, and digital painting. These are things that most art schools don't have teachers for so at the price of basically $350/mo for two months it seems worthwhile even just for teacher critiques

Again I've never taken it cause I'm not at that level yet. But once I hit a plateau it's something I've seriously considered
>>
>>2845256
>Will the teachers critique related work like if you do extra exercises? Or is it class-only work?

Class only.
>>
>>2845256
It's only classwork. Now to be honest if, lets say you do a whole page of work, the teacher will only crit like one thing out of it. They'll also answer a question if you leave it with your submission.

But as always there is Q&A.
>>
Lets flip this around, what kind of criticism and advice do you think a professional is going to offer you and your image specifically?

The composition is bad because of? add pointers? lead the eye with perspective? Add narrative elements to your character design like bracelets, scars? Make the silhouette read better?
>>
>>2845428

Avoid asking dumb questions here please, we have a questions thread.
>>
>>2845440
The point is to find out what the person wants from the instructor to better offer up options. It helps to hear it from the horses mouth as to what their expectations are, right?
>>
>>2845428
Mostly fundamental issues.. shading, color choices, perspective, things that I can't see because I've stared at the work for days if not weeks and just overlooked issues.

Not really interested in "creative" subjective opinions... mostly technical advice and what I need to practice in order to improve
>>
>>2845215
>Peter han is popular but sure as hell isn't a good teacher.
Speak for yourself. I took a class from him in person and I improved a hell of a lot.
>>
>>2845603
Do you think in person is more useful than the online classes? Really don't wanna travel to Pasadena just to git gud
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.