[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I made a series of creepy realistic characters from some shows

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 13

I made a series of creepy realistic characters from some shows I like. This is Gunter from Adventure Time.
>>
looks dumb.
>>
This is the Ice King.
>>
LSP
>>
Gumball
>>
>>2836493
ooo nice, I like these anon. Although I feel like the Gunter one needs black at the top otherwise he looks like an owl
>>
>>2836511
I made his brain out as reference to an episode of the show. And I tried to keep his original colors. But probably you are right :(

Anyway I attach another character from thi series of you like.

Jake the Dog
>>
BMO
>>
Barbarian from Clash Royale
>>
Finn the Human
>>
Rick
>>
Morty
>>
I genuinely enjoyed this anon. Do you have a tumblr?
>>
>>2836542
Thank you for your comment! Yes, I have a tumblr: http://simoneferriero.tumblr.com

This is Marceline
>>
Better than 80% of /ic/
>>
>>2836551
thanks, follow'd
I like BMO's the best :3
>>
>>2836551
these are so charming, glad you put all the work into them!
>>
>>2836555
Thank you for the compliment!!
I see so many good artists here, but sadly a lot of immotivated hate too.

Last of this series: Bubblegum

Hope you enjoy my effort and inspires your work in some way.
>>
>>2836493
>Creepy
>Realistic
>Your art

Pick one and only one. It's a played out concept even when actually done and not just slapped with those labels because dude subversion lmao

But your stuff isn't shit. I just wouldn't sell it as "creepy realistic X" because it isn't.
>>
>>2836568
First of all, thank you for your comment. I think you are right, I just tried to describe my goals when I work on this series. But maybe all these adjectives are redundant.

PS Sorry for my bad spelling, English is not my main language.
>>
>>2836571
No worries. I think "realistic" has become a synonym for "over-rendered" in a lot of little pockets in the art community and that isn't your fault that it gets misused so often.
>>
OP IM LOVING THESE
>>
pretty decent OP t b h, have any other stuff or some platform where i can follow you?
BMO or whatever it's name is is the best for me, i love the screen, greatly done
>>
>>2836996
uh oh sorry man didn't read the comments at first i just went through pics
>>
You have shit tastes and you're a manchildren
>>
your skill is good but how you present the subject is boring/dull, they are all mugshots with noodle arms, why don't you do something different?
>>
>>2837242
Ahah! Yeah, I'm young inside (it's tough for me)! Anyway, I'm sorry you dislike my tastes, I hope you appreciate the effort at least :D.
>>2837261
Thank you! I draw with different styles, media and different purposes. This is a series where I decidet to stick with a unique style! :D
>>
It's generic and overdone + they're not really realistic

But you'll make it anon, people love stuff like this
>>
>>2836493
>http://simoneferriero.tumblr.com
>>
>>2837425
If I wanted realistic looks I'd just dress up people like them and take a photo. How is surrealism a bad thing
>>
>>2836493
The tiny arms kill it a bit I think, making the characters appear more lifeless. They're too small and are just kind of there, not doing anything, making the characters look like toys or something. Even this one >>2836551 just looks like you posed a dolls arms, they don't appear to be doing anything, just kind of laid on top of the guitar.

I'll assume you learned a little more about the hair highlights between Marceline and Bubblegum (the hair in the back being highlighted making it appear to come forward on Marceline - there shouldn't be a highlight there).

I wouldn't call these "realistic" at all, but if you want to improve you could work on your texture detail (e.g., make the skin look more like real skin), and your lighting (e.g., subsurface scattering to Ice King's nose - and remove it from one or both of Rick's and Morty's ears, your light sources aren't coming from behind them; and correct your light-sources in general). Also work on your hairlines, like on Rick and Morty, the hair doesn't actually seem to be connected to their heads because you've drawn them as completely separate objects. Right now you've just got cartoons with fancy rendering, you could improve a lot if you tried to push past that. Try adding actual structural anatomy, maybe change the style of the cartoons entirely.

Keep up the good work, you might make it some day.
>>
>>2836493
So cute, I cracked a smile looking at these, how'd you nail down the 3d look? Is it your values and textures? Could you give me some advice to pull off a similar look? T-thank you
>>
>>2836533
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME BROTHER
>>
>>2837425
>>2841868
Pretty much this, leave details for later and focus into the bigger shapes
>>
>>2841868
Thank you so much for your detailed comment. I really want to try to improve this series in this direction. I think it will gain more structure. Thank you again!
>>
>>2836532
the fingerprint is a nice detail
>>
>>2836493
These are pretty cool but ice king needs a little more tightening up compared to say LSP.

These are neat though. If you put em together in one photoset and tag em like crazy on tumblr and instagram you might get some traction dude.
>>
these are quite nice, anon.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.