[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come whenever you guys """"critique""""

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 1485464033537.jpg (34KB, 600x558px) Image search: [Google]
1485464033537.jpg
34KB, 600x558px
How come whenever you guys """"critique"""" a peice of art, you always call it shit with no real critique? Its always either: "kys faggot gtfo" or "it's shit, i am better than you :^)" or "muh fundementalz" Why does a board specifically designed for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism just roast everyone?
>>
Because it is shit and why you think that it's okay to be posting shit artwork in my eyes is insane. You shouldn't post your shit until it's decent, if you don't know what decent is, you'll always be shit anyways. Just stop wasting my time, especially those people who only draw for a month then realize it's actually hard.
>>
>>2836335
becuase /ic is full of professional artists. people don't deserve our genuallality when it comes to critiques. we don't waste our time, we have important work to complete so we can't give our full attention to rookies.
>>
>>2836335
it's very ignorant and close-minded to forget that there are perfectly valid critiques given on this board

learn to filter critique and focus on people who put in the effort to give you feedback and you'll feel a lot better, trust me
>>
>>2836335
I just did a legit crit in one of the threads here you stupid nigger so kys faggot and gtfo back to tumblr/reddit I bet you are absolute shit and need more loomis and other fundies you absolute cock.
>>
>>2836336
But then again, how do you improve shit art without helpful critique?

Let's be real, nothing posted in the draw thread has been that good. I'll go on a limb and assume that people flaming "shit" art need a lot of improvement themselves.
>>
>""""
>>
>>2836336
I don't know if your joking or literally autistic.
>Just stop wasting my time
You can just scroll past the "shit" artist, no one is forcing you to answer them.
>>2836337
>we dont waste our time
Then why do you go through to effort of responding and a captcha just to call someone's work shit? Calling art shit is not a critique.
>>2836340
The majority of critiques are "kys gtfo fgt" Yes there are some actual ones but the majority is mindless bullshit.
>>2836341
Kek
>>2836342
I fully agree with this.
>>
Because you don't need any critique.
You're is best critic. If you can't see your own mistakes and can't into critical thinking - you need some harsh reality check /ic/.
>>
What are you bitching about? In the draw threads and /beg/ are usually helpful critiques.
Its only the People who make their own threads that get shat on. And rightfully so.
>>
File: ic means family.png (235KB, 1262x1313px) Image search: [Google]
ic means family.png
235KB, 1262x1313px
>>2836335
>you always call it shit with no real critique?
>just roast everyone?
Bullshit, everytime I asked for I got good critique, I don't know what is up with people saying /ic/ is not useful
Pic related
>>
>>2836335
Take the good with the bad man. Filter out 'kys' and 'ngmi' BS.
>>
>>2836335
because this is fucking 4chan. How are faggots this dense?
>>
>>2836337

>professionals
>>
just imagine, in an art class a good teacher could give constructive advice to any student no matter how shit - that's what being a good teacher is, empathy, understanding and being knowledgeable

if an absolute beginner posts a piece and you have no advice whatsoever to give (which is ok most people are not cut to be teachers)
just ignore it

there is absolute no need to shit all over them, making people feel shit will not get them to strive to be better

harsh criticism does not fucking equal being an asshole and shitting slurs all over this board
>>
>>2836694
>making people feel shit will not get them to strive to be better
It's worked before and it's always worked on /ic/. This is what separates us from other places is that when we tell people they're shit, they strive to get better and prove us wrong. Luckily, we're not wrong, so it's fun anyways.
>>
>>2836335
Because 95% of the time when people post their art, it is so bad and fundamentally wrong that there is no point to a specific critique.
Most of the time the only advice you can give is "read the sticky", "needs more loomis", "learn fundies" because literally everything is bad about a piece.
Also you should learn to be your own critic, at least early on.
If you're not able to see your own mistakes you're never gonna make it.
>>
>>2836335
Because no one here actually draws
>>
I am good enough and strong enough to take all criticisms you guys have to offer. Bring it on, bully senpais.
>>
File: 1464985663857.png (71KB, 830x500px) Image search: [Google]
1464985663857.png
71KB, 830x500px
>>2836335
What you're referring to as roast is just the surface comments. If you want critique here, you'll get it, in abundance, just ask for it.

Though I should mention that nothing is worse than giving a thorough critique to someone and they just ignore it. It's this kind of attitude that makes people hesitant in giving critique.

If you don't like it here, I suggest you go to a place that will shower you with compliments.
>>
>>2836833
Where do I got to go for compliments?
>>
>>2836694
I couldn't have said it any better.
>>
>>2836694

>making people feel shit will not get them to strive to be better
That's where you're wrong kiddo - that's literally always been the thing that's made me want to be better. My older brother has always been extremely critical and I want to be able to impress him with my work one day.

People remember being humiliated, sworn at, ect. It can give people motivation which is something a lot of people desperately need here.
>>
>>2836335
>Why does a board specifically designed for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism just roast everyone?
its not a roast if theres no wit involved
>>
>tfw no crit or even insult most of the time
>>
>>2836835
...Reddit?
>>
because we are on an imageboard
>>
>>2838034
This image creeps me out!
Keep up the good work friend.
>>
bacause learning how to draw is something that happens between the page and the head, and you cant just use an experienced head to put all the knowledge into a new one
the real-est criticism is to just draw more
>>
File: IMG_1303.jpg (52KB, 600x791px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1303.jpg
52KB, 600x791px
Because non americans are allowed to post here. I honestly believe that. I mean if we just cut out Canadians alone we'd rid ourselves of having to think about sycra. And think of all the brazilians and Mexicans and Germans that come here because it's le epic 4chan and we can be dum dums in the internet in our broken english xD. And then we have the "bants" fags that come from places like australia and scotland and britain, although Britain is far less subhuman and crass about it that the formerly mentioned countries
>>
>>2836335
I'm not one of these, but usually when I read these comments it's because it's so obvious it's shit you should be reading the fundamentals instead of asking.
>>
>>2836392
glad my critique helped. i also made a version where the rock and shit is glowing obnoxiously bright for fun
>>
>>2836335
bump
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.