[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good artbooks on (imaginary) >cityscapes >architecture

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

Any good artbooks on (imaginary)
>cityscapes
>architecture
>landscapes
>environments
?
Specifically interested in pic related, some ghibli kind of landscape painting (based god Naohisa Inoue), rather modern cities like e.g. mirror's edge's city (I doubt any books on stuff like that exists though) or maybe some victorian gothic type of architecture/cities like the one from bloodborne.
Artbooks as in to remove my stupidity in drawing them would be great, but I'd love to just have some art or artists related to such themes posted in this thread.
>>
File: tekkonkinkreet_white.jpg (526KB, 715x516px) Image search: [Google]
tekkonkinkreet_white.jpg
526KB, 715x516px
check out the art books for tekkonkinkreet. the black ver. has concept art and the white ver. has finished background plates like pic related
it's good stuff
>>
??
this is a weird question.

are you asking how to use your imagination or how to actually draw? if its the former, no book will teach you that. if its the latter, all you need to know is perspective and then just use pictures of japanese cities as references. japanese artists are probably very creative and imaginative at making these pictures because they grew up in big japanese cities and have internalized their impressions of it.

when you talk about victorian or gothic architecture, again, you don't need "art books" you just need references to draw from. if you want to know the details and reasoning behind constructing these sorts of structures (which I doubt is necessary) just look for regular books on architecture at your library.

or how about just walk around your own city or town and draw inspiration from that?
>>
>>2836018
Sorry, I'm terrible at explaining my intentions

I was indeed thinking of books that specifically focus on the themes I was talking about, but not only as in art lessons, but also in a general collection of art. Similar to what
>>2836013
Posted. Explanations for the technique behind bringing the reference to paper would be great, but I assume what you said is right, it's nothing more than learning perspective. I don't really know what I was expecting desu.

Either way art for themes related, is still very interesting to me.

Aside from that do you know of any books that teach on perspective quite well?
>>
look at real ones ;^))
>>
>>2835991
In this case artbooks are mainly for inspiration, they won't really teach you how to draw - for that you need to learn perspective. Generally the anons here will recommend a) Perspective Made Easy and b) Scott Roberson's How to Draw, but frankly I think to get a good grasp you need to take an extensive course like that of Erik Olson's (it's on cgpeers).
>>
>>2836013
Can somebody recommend similar artbooks like this?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.