[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What tutorial/guides would you recommend someone to learn about

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 910d8134f9c5735.jpg (120KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
910d8134f9c5735.jpg
120KB, 640x360px
What tutorial/guides would you recommend someone to learn about making comics? And I mean good ones that are about interesting plot and characters.

My big inspiration is Berserk, not because its a manga but because its a well written story, so id like to do something like it.
>>
You want to learn how to write well, but you come to /ic/? A bit confused to be honest.

Writing is just all about following plot structure and arcs. To know how to do it well with manga requires you to have read a ton of manga. Since they go by in chapters, a cliffhanger is sometimes necessary and that can change the story greatly since a novel doesn't always read like that.
>>
>>2835308
No no, I want to know how to make comics, how to do panels in an interesting way and so on. I dont know a thing about making comics.
>>
Framed Ink by Marcos Mateu might help you out, you should be able to find it in the artbook thread
>>
>>2835317
OP, there's great book called Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud that goes over everything you need to know to make a great comic. If you're serious about comics this should be a staple in your library.

ANother thing you can do to learn about paneling, etc is to look at the greats. I'll list some artists who's work you should look up.

>Moebius
>Osamu Tezuka
>Winsor McCay
>Mike Mignola

Best of luck on your venture into comics OP!
>>
>>2835344
>>2835355
Ok, thanks a lot, ill check them out for sure
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.