[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I feel that trying to draw a specific pose is difficult, or

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: ds.png (109KB, 402x548px) Image search: [Google]
ds.png
109KB, 402x548px
If I feel that trying to draw a specific pose is difficult, or I have to think a lot, but can still manage it in the end, does that mean I don't really know the subject?
>>
>>2835063
i dunno
>>
>>2835063
Depends what you mean by really know.
You're not proficient or a master, but you know something. I believe what really matters is if you can draw again with less difficulty then that means you understand it more.
>>
>>2835071
Like, so I think of a cool pose for a figure, I can imagine it in my head, but it takes a while or like multiple tries of redrawing and constructing for it to finally look like what I was going for. This has happened quite a bit lately, so I'm wondering if this is actually helping me in anyway
>>
>>2835077
Yeah, no problem with trying to work and understand something. It's not like artists can draw something instantly without having done it before. Most of the time, they've just drawn so much that their experience allows them to pull a variety of poses they've done before. So, yeah, it's helping you and you could embrace that feeling instead of denying it.
>>
>>2835077
Stop doing that, at least for now. Copy and study poses from real references and when you have those real poses built into memory, when ever you try to draw from memory it will be based on the real poses you have learned instead of trying to magically come up with a cool pose.
>>
Well, it depends how you define what it means to know a subject...

Often times a specific pose is difficult because of perspective issues. Other times it's because the muscles interact in a way you don't understand.

It's hard to know a subject matter fully, i.e. to never have trouble with poses. And people forget things as well. You can achieve a decent amount of success with superficial understanding of anatomy, i.e. you draw what looks right to you or may look up/use reference when you really need it. However, the more realistic the style, the less success you will have or the more you will need reference.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.