[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ic/, /b/astard here. I want to get into tattoo's,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: tattoo-gun-31-650x488.jpg (35KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
tattoo-gun-31-650x488.jpg
35KB, 650x488px
Hey /ic/, /b/astard here. I want to get into tattoo's, and am going to be buying a tattoo set (link at the bottom) Any advice for a begginer? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Complete-Tattoo-Kit-Set-Tattoo-Gun-Power-Supply-Needle-Grip-Tip-Combo-Kit-Set-Supply-TKS112/32294904068.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.264.XXEPj2
>>
Dion't buy a set. Buy pic related then build your own.

Tattoo pig or fake skin only, otherwise yo'll have a very hard time getting an apprenticeship if local shops hear you're scratching.

look into your state's required licensing for body art. You'll probably have to do a cheap online course on bloodborne illness. Get the license before anything, this will help a shop see that you're serious about doing this.

Don't tattoo your friends. They will ask, then it will be bad and it WILL haunt you.
>>
you can do as >>2835067 said but heres my grain of salt...

DO NOT BUY CHINESE MACHINES SETS & POWER SOURCES THEY SUCK SHIT ANT MALFUNCTION

Aditionally you can buy custom built machines by real artist, the know their shit and could use the extra income.

Get Guy Aitchison´s Reinventing the tattoo books/dvd bundle, they are the closest to a textbook that actually works.

Ask around the internet, theres a bunch of info, a lot of it is bullshit but youll have to sort all that shit

Stick to american traditional or other "old styles" none of that watercolor/tiny/delicate bullshit, they take years of practice to be done correctly and even then that shit fades in less than a couple of years, dont be fooled by instagram and pinterest, search for healed photos or older tattoos to see which ones age good

beware of apprenticeships, most are bullshit, lot of circlejerking by arrogant so called artists that´ll treat you like shit, if they dont respect you fuck off of there, or go your own way

prepare to grind it out, it takes a lot of time to get good at it

DO NOT BUY CHINESE INKS

do tattoo your friends, but be aware that you will have to cover up that shit
>>
Provided you can draw decently (meaning you have solid fundamentals and have been drawing for a couple of years), how long does it take to become a decent tattoo artist, taste, style and creativity notwithstanding?

Also, if anyone is a professional tattoo artist or an apprentice, or even a prolific amateur, can you post some experiences, what it's like, what you like/dislike about it, etc?

Are there any youtube channels that explain the realities of the job like FZD does for concept art?
>>
File: 1477442229154 - Copy.png (100KB, 216x258px) Image search: [Google]
1477442229154 - Copy.png
100KB, 216x258px
>>2834867
Read the sticky. Master the fundamentals.

What the fuck made you think it was a good idea to say that you came from /b/?
>>
>>2837246
>Master the fundamentals.
>Tattoos
Tattoos have more to do with graphic design than what's in the sticky, you dumb meme parrot.
>>
>>2837270

among many other things you are kinda right but having previous knowledge doesn't hurt
>>
>>2837270
you do realize design is a fundamental you fuck wad
>>
File: image002-1.jpg (20KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image002-1.jpg
20KB, 500x375px
PRACTICE
PRACTICE
PRACTICE

If you get a kit, test it out, change out the parts with better equipment when you can.

DO NOT USE KIT INK ON A HUMAN, Serious that Chinese shit isn't worth the infections it causes. Do however use it on Pig Skin (available from any meat counter, you might have to ask), or throw it away.

Same with any needles that come with the kit. You really can't trust a kit/Chinese supplier to be sterile (again, tattoo pig skin with them)

After a LONG TIME and a FUCKTON of practice you might be ready.

Generally speaking though, if you are in a place where you can, go and find a good artist to apprentice under.
>>
>>2837246
Go to an exhibition of art made by tattoo "artists" sometime. It's usually absolute shit. Niggas clearly never read their Loomis.
>>
>>2838150
Read the sticky.
>>
>>2835067
So true. Lol I remember making my fronds first tattoo gun out of a cd player a pen and a guitar string. He sucked but now he does alright. Not pro tho.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.