[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you manage brain usage as an artist? In what order should

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ed1.png (251KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
ed1.png
251KB, 512x512px
How do you manage brain usage as an artist? In what order should you do things every day?

Let's say I'd like to do a bargue drawing (which needs a lot of focus), read a book that has a lot of talking, do a 30 min sketch and watch a video that needs attention

How to make it all work for the best efficiency?
>>
1)30 min sketch when you wake up. don't eat before you finish eat
>eat
2)bargue drawing in the late morning
>rest, or do other stuff what you want that isnt related before early evening
3)as early evening starts watch that crappy video you wanna watch, i think it won't be more than hour so...
4)remaining evening read the book
>sleep or if you have time do some other stuff
>next day repeat
i would do it like this if i had entire day free.
to be honest i think you are lazy because this is not too much and is easily managable i think, i would do all of this in only morning half before i eat and half after, limit your time on computer, you don't need to shitpost more than 1.30 hour (according to recent studies) and that time is also maximum amount best would be 15 minutes a day or even zero.
>>
>>2834319
don't eat before you finish it*
>>
Regardless of what you're doing ALWAYS take breaks. There's no pride in drawing 16 hours straight and getting RSI or burned out.
>>
>>2833972

Watch a video first if you can apply it to sketch, do a 30 min sketch, take a break, do bargue drawing until you pass out, wake up, eat dinner, take a walk, read book in the evening and make notes out of it in your sketchbook.
>>
Just found this video. It seems pretty good at training yourself to improve based on repetition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0ufz75UvHs
>>
>>2834319
>you don't need to shitpost more than 1.30 hour

You don't need to shitpost at all

The real redpill is getting off this board and living life. The fact that I'm here is hypocritical, yes, but I always like to check in every few weeks. But 1.5hrs DAILY? Come on mang
>>
>>2834438
yes i agree i also specified that.
>>
>>2834379
>sycra
>>
>>2834600
What is wrong with Sycra?
>>
>>2834603
tell me whats right with sycra
>>
File: homer_typewriter_glasses.png (395KB, 659x459px) Image search: [Google]
homer_typewriter_glasses.png
395KB, 659x459px
>>2833972

Lots of good fats and protein in the morning. Brain needs fuel.

Cardio and weights. I find exercise makes it easier to get into that flow/focused state for work later.

Take breaks. I use a pomodoro timer which means 25 minutes on / 5 minutes off in cycles.

Don't overdo it on the coffee. It's a general stimulant and just makes you distractable. After my morning cup I only drink green tea the rest of the day. Green tea is high in glucosamine, which helps focus.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.